• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2011 HOF Inductees

Squirrel

Weak class. Here's how the first two classes should have gone...

First

Bill France Sr.

Richard Petty

Dale Earnhardt

David Pearson

Junior Johnson

Second

Bill France Jr.

Bobby Allison

Cale Yarborough

Darrell Waltrip

Third and on...three per class

No way dude lee petty deserves to be in before waltrip and in the same class as yarborogh.. if it weren't for someone like lee there's a chance you could have never head about the other guys.. he blazed a tail that racers still to this day should be greatful for

No way dude lee petty deserves to be in before waltrip and in the same class as yarborogh.. if it weren't for someone like lee there's a chance you could have never head about the other guys.. he blazed a tail that racers still to this day should be greatful for

Lee Petty was not even in the top three of his generation. What about Fireball Roberts? Just because you win the first Daytona 500 doesn't mean you are worthy of a Hall of Fame. Hell, I'd put Maurice Petty in before Lee, he built the motors of 250 winners.

Lee Petty was not even in the top three of his generation. What about Fireball Roberts? Just because you win the first Daytona 500 doesn't mean you are worthy of a Hall of Fame. Hell, I'd put Maurice Petty in before Lee, he built the motors of 250 winners.

True buts its more than just numbers to me. i think fireball makes it in as just a racer, while petty makes it in for what they did a racer as well as the influence off the track. From lees family friendly attitude that drew in alot of early fans to lee being the head of the 1st family to have 4 generations of pro athletes and he was also nascars 1st driver to win the cup 3 times. And yea he was the winner of the 1st 500 which holds alot of merrit just due to the fact of how prestigious that race is.

True buts its more than just numbers to me. i think fireball makes it in as just a racer, while petty makes it in for what they did a racer as well as the influence off the track. From lees family friendly attitude that drew in alot of early fans to lee being the head of the 1st family to have 4 generations of pro athletes and he was also nascars 1st driver to win the cup 3 times. And yea he was the winner of the 1st 500 which holds alot of merrit just due to the fact of how prestigious that race is.

Lee Petty won the Cup three times? I didn't know that.

Archived