• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The First Sunday in Months...

Jbro

With no football on. Sundays are going to suck for the next 8 months, I have been up for over 6 hrs and still have not found one thing to watch on TV. The best option now looks like a toss up between PBA Bowling or staring at a wall.

Come over the next few weekends and help me put a new roof on the casa.

It will be fun.

Beverage and music accordingly..:nopity:

This guy feels our pain.

Football fans forced to make sacrifices

My friend Tanny has a saying: "There are two kinds of guys out there — Sunday football guys and Sunday bag guys."

You can spot them right away. The Sunday football guys are the ones walking in groups, wearing jerseys, hats, and giant grins on their faces as they trot from one sports bar to another. They often have Buffalo wing sauce stains on their face and that "I haven't seen sunlight for eight hours," look in their eyes. They're experiencing pure bliss.

The Sunday bag guys are the ones holding their girlfriends' and wives' shopping bags from Bed Bath & Beyond and Macy's. They missed the Bears-Texans game in Week 17 because there was a 50% Sale at TJ Maxx. Needless to say, they're never quite as happy.

This weekend? We're all Sunday bag guys and boy, does it sting.

No football after 25 straight Sundays of glorious pigskin action (yes, I count the preseason) is like enjoying the beaches of Maui for six months, only to be dropped off in Antarctica for a quick dose of reality. Though we'd like to think we can stomach a weekend in January without the NFL, it's just not that easy. We're a spoiled group, us football fans, and even one weekend without the sounds of Shannon Sharpe's voice or the sight of 350-pound men sweating profusely under motorized mobile fans gets us flustered and depressed.

Face it, we're all bag guys this Sunday. And if you don't have a woman to drag you around from store to store or children to tend to, it's just an empty day, a Sunday you'll probably forget. Wanted to catch up on this season of VH1's "Tool Academy"? Now's your chance. Haven't gotten a chance to see "Paul Blart: Mall Cop"? I guess that's an option, too. Sanjaya from "American Idol" apparently has a new book out. Might want to get your reading glasses on and breeze through that puppy.

Just writing that paragraph made me long for the FOX robot doing calisthenics on the bottom of my TV screen.

I NEVER ask my husband to go shopping with me. He hates it and is miserable doing it, so why would I ask it of him? Sometimes he volunteers and I feel like if he does that, he deserves what he gets. :D Then again, I'M the one who watches football so I probably owe HIM. LOL

Archived