• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Impending Zombie attack: What vehicle to use?

Snake

Kurb is right.

You need to outrun these guys, not outfight them.

Your Brad or Humvee gets disabled...you are just a childproof tin of sardines.

Run out of gas, you have a really cool zombie attracting neon sign...come eat me!

Run out of ammo you have an expensive gatling gun and mount for a club.

I'll take a bike, maybe one with one of those rechargeable motors on it when you pedal.

I'll get away quietly while you mow 'em down until you get overwhelmed.

I don't know if any of you have read the book World War Z but its really good and deals with alot of the different options you guys are mentioning.

A bike would be okay if was just you alone on a street or path but with a huge swarm of zombies you wouldn't be able to get away they've surround you in no time especially if there are other survivors and cars crowded around. Plus at some point you're going to HAVE to go off road, and even the best mountain bike can't get you through all types of terrain.

A boat seems like the best option if you can pull away from shore but since the zombies can survive underwater they can potentially make the boat capsize if you don't get to deep enough water quick enough.

IMO you need a mix of speed and protection because even if a zombie can scratch you, you're a goner.

Never get surrounded.

I'm thinking long term here. Hook up with peeps to fight your way out with all the cool gas powered toys, but after that, if you are dumb enough to get surrounded, you deserve what you get.

Once everything settles down, you need reliable transpo to get from food source to food source. And anything gas or electric isn't gonna do the job.

Pedal recharged bike after the fall and initial battles. Count on it.

The combine was the real winner of this thread, but it is rather slow and will run out of fuel too...

The best thing to have would be a bug-in room/area that you could easily secure and have enough supplies to outlast the invasion... much like Will Smith and Vincent Price in their movies that kinda covered the whole scenario...

Best case scenario is the outbreak stars in another country, that will give you time to stock pile food and get to higher ground, those hippie colonies in the forest where they build houses in trees would be ideal. Zombies can't climb.

Problem is...remember the poor dude in Tremors that they found on the light pole? He didn't come down for a reason and eventually die of exposure.

Better have a crapload of supplies, because the zombies will just wait you out.

Best case scenario is the outbreak stars in another country, that will give you time to stock pile food and get to higher ground, those hippie colonies in the forest where they build houses in trees would be ideal. Zombies can't climb.

Yep, or just find a two story building and blow out the stairs (as is recommended in The Zombie Survival Guide). Then get yourself a basic folding ladder or something that you could put down only when needed.

Archived