• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why we should NOT draft Andrew Luck

Ohio

so I guess Ohio knows more about Luck than all the former great QB's and professional scouts do since they are all in agreement that he is the REAL deal

bottom line is everyone agrees (anyone with a brain anyway) that Luck has VERY few flaws if any at all...he has everything you want in an NFL QB and to pass on him would be simply foolish...im not saying he is guaranteed to be a pro bowler or hall of famer because NOBODY is coming out of college, but hes by far got the best chance to be great out of anyone in the draft...you simply cant pass on him

You're an idiot lets see what those same scouts said...the ones who you want to follow for every decision

1. Jamarcus Russell

2. Akili Smith

3. Cade Mcnown

4. Matt Leinart

5. Alex Smith

6. JIMMY CLAUSEN

7. Ryan Leaf

8. David Carr

9. Joey Harrington

10. Todd Marinovich

There are 10 reasons why you shouldn't believe everything the scouts say. But your too far gone to get any help.

You're an idiot lets see what those same scouts said...the ones who you want to follow for every decision

as opposed to your logic which is that Jimmy Clausen could still become our franchise QB and that Luck's downside is that he played in the PAC-10 and is young?! :rolleyes:

ever heard of Troy Aikman, John Elway, and Aaron Rodgers??

one thing in common about them is that they all had apparent weaknesses coming out of college and became great QB's....Andrew Luck is a VERY rare prospect in that he has no apparent weaknesses

Plain and simple Clausen didn't play well enough for the new coach or whoever to see it as stable.

Whether or not it's Clausen's fault that he didn't play well doesn't matter, the QB position isn't stable.

So I don't get the big deal about drafting Luck. A FA and/or competent draft pick need to be brought in.

I'd rather trade down now and go the FA route since Luck would have been the highest rated QB prospect on the board.

Plain and simple Clausen didn't play well enough for the new coach or whoever to see it as stable.

Whether or not it's Clausen's fault that he didn't play well doesn't matter, the QB position isn't stable.

So I don't get the big deal about drafting Luck. A FA and/or competent draft pick need to be brought in.

I'd rather trade down now and go the FA route since Luck would have been the highest rated QB prospect on the board.

C'mon, people aren't gonna buy that route its too simple lol.

Your opinion is one of the few that I respect on here. I agree that someone needs brought in to compete with or mentor Jimmy. A QB coach would really help. I just didn't buy into how Luck was the greatest prospect since Manning, didn't buy it at all since he's really only been throwing 1 year. I agree we should trade down. I wouldn't mind us taking Fairly, Peterson, or Green with the 1st pick either. JR said he probably isn't going to trade down though

Archived