• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Vick getting hit more than others?

mav1234

He's talking about when he's throwing, not just passing:

"Not to take anything away from the other quarterbacks in the league, if you go back and watch the film, I'm always getting hit after I let go of the football," Vick said Tuesday, according to ESPN’s Matt Mosley. "I'm constantly getting hit after I throw the football. Constantly getting my facemask pulled and getting hit in the head and it's never called ... I just think that because I run the ball so much, the referees sometimes will overlook that. They have to understand when I'm in the pocket, I'm a passer. If I get hit late, they should call it. I'm not complaining. I just want to be treated fairly."

From http://nfl-facts-and-rumors.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22475988/26309670

I think that's probably true... they let the defensive players get away with a little more on mobile QB's... that and he's not Tom Brady, who no one can get within 10' of without a flag.

I used to think this, but Suh's "hit" on Cutler made me question it, since I can't imagine Cutler is an NFL Golden Boy, but I guess maybe he is...

I used to think this, but Suh's "hit" on Cutler made me question it, since I can't imagine Cutler is an NFL Golden Boy, but I guess maybe he is...

I still don't know how Suh wasn't suspended for his hit on Jake earlier in the year, where he purposely grabbed Jake's mask and threw pulled his head sideways by doing so. I thought it was one of the dirtiest plays I've ever seen.

As far as Vick, yeah he does take hits that other QBs don't. I think it has to do with the fact that he's mobile and plays 100% all out every play, he makes most everything look so graceful and pops right back up, and very rarely I think it's possible some refs may turn their head from it because they don't really care for him because of his past (although I hope not).

I still don't know how Suh wasn't suspended for his hit on Jake earlier in the year, where he purposely grabbed Jake's mask and threw pulled his head sideways by doing so. I thought it was one of the dirtiest plays I've ever seen.

This is true. But his last play? Come on. That wasn't dirty.

As far as Vick, yeah he does take hits that other QBs don't. I think it has to do with the fact that he's mobile and plays 100% all out every play, he makes most everything look so graceful and pops right back up, and very rarely I think it's possible some refs may turn their head from it because they don't really care for him because of his past (although I hope not).

True enough; Big Ben is a bit like that as well, which may explain the more hits on him.

Archived