• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Some Draft Insights

SteveSmithOwns

This thread is just going to be a bunch of mangled ideas together. You can say which ones you agree with and which ones you would hate.

-If Andrew Luck comes out and we get the #1 overall, we gotta select him and not trade down.

-If Andrew Luck doesn't come out, and we have the #1 overall, here is where things get interesting

Personally, I would be ok with trading down or keeping the pick and getting someone like Marcell Dareus, AJ Green or Patrick Peterson. Let's say we keep it. I would be hoping for Dareus. Even though I think the other two players are better at their respective positions, DT is such a huge need for us, I don't see us going any other way.

However, if we don't keep it, and trade down, I wouldn't be opposed to grabbing a QB like Cam Newton. Looking at players that have similar body types/playing styles, some interesting comparable are Rothelisberger and Josh Freeman. Not too shabby, and hopefully, we would be able to get at least our 2nd round pick back

So many threads have been devoted to Andrew Luck. I want to hear what everybody else would do if Luck doesn't come out or we don't have the #1 overall.

That's a really interesting question. I think you would have to seriously consider Cam Newton. The thing about him is I think he needs to go to a team with a creative offensive coach. The worst thing to happen to him would be to have a conservative coach try and drill into him not to make mistakes because that's not really his style. It would probably be a D-lineman though. I prefer Quinn over Bowers and Fairley over Dareus from what I've seen of them. Green and Peterson/Amukamara are options but WR's and DB's very rarely go that high in the draft.

if andrew luck doesn't come out, no one will want to trade up. market will be really thin. we would be reashing for whomever we picked. it isn't all that great of a draft.

non-luck guys i want...green, peterson, fairley, newton.

with any luck, if luck doesn't come out, we'll still suck next year and be able to take luck the following year. give clausen another chance. if he shows up. fine. if not, thanks for all the fish.

if andrew luck doesn't come out, no one will want to trade up. market will be really thin. we would be reashing for whomever we picked. it isn't all that great of a draft.

non-luck guys i want...green, peterson, fairley, newton.

with any luck, if luck doesn't come out, we'll still suck next year and be able to take luck the following year. give clausen another chance. if he shows up. fine. if not, thanks for all the fish.

haha with any luck? with any luck Jimmy Clausen would become the new Tom Brady and we have a great year

Archived