• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Report: Bobcats shopping Stephen Jackson and Gerald Wallace

C-A-T-S

Yea, I was back and forth on this topic for awhile but now I agree it's best to part ways with both of them. Let's blow it up. Everybody can be had except TT and DJ. Well, even DJ can be had if a better PG is out there. The only player I'd like to see stay is TT

From the New York Knicks perspective

If Melo won't be with you, maybe the Force will.

The Knicks are still actively pursuing Carmelo Anthony and are throwing almost everything except draft picks and pieces that the Nuggets actually want for him. The Knicks might possibly be willing to take this particular deal all the way down to the trading deal line. However, the Knick's front offices are no slacks, so why not have a backup plan in place. Gerald Wallace would be a perfect settlement for the Knicks, as he has already played with Raymond Felton and he knows his tendencies. That aspect in itself should warrant some trade interest and some trade value from the Knick's. The Bobcats can also offer the services of Boris Diaw as Diaw and Felton have always played well together. In return the Bobcats need to get younger and they can, the Knicks have some young guys that would improve the Bobcats roster and make us a better team as a whole. Wilson Chandler, Danilo Gallinari, and Landry Fields would be very good assets to this Bobcats team, particularly Wilson Chandler and Landry Fields. Tyrus Thomas would benefit from Chandler's and Fields presents as they all three have a smooth stroke. The Bobcats should definitely look into this situation and offer a Wallace, Diaw and possibly a second round draft pick as a consolation prize to those Knickerbockers.

Trade Jax for Wince Carter and then let Carter's contract come off the books at the end of the season.

Trade G-Force while he still has some value for picks and expirings.

Give the time at the 3 to UPS.

Trade Boris if you get good value.

Nazr is an expiring, so he has some value.

Najera, Carroll, and Diop are untradable. They aren't going anywhere.

The East is so top heavy right now that the Bobs could go on a roster purge and still compete. Spots 6-8 are up for grabs and will be up for grabs for several years.

It is so crucial that the Bobs go back to fiscal conservatism like they had in years past. Taking on Diop's contract was inexcusable. Trading Chandler for Najera, Carroll, and that voidable contract was inexcusable. Trading Shannon Brown for the Space Cadet was inexcusable.

LB is a great coach but he has taken the team several steps back. MJ has never paid market for one of his own FAs and has always paid way too much for them (Carroll, even TT's contract isn't that good).

Yeah I am all for this. We need to start over. As much as MJ wants this year to be a playoff year, it's going to be a struggle.

Wallace as been a huge disappointment for me this year. I don't know if it's his desire or people have learned how to guard him. Probably a bit of both. Although I think he offers the most value for a trade. As much as he means to this franchise, I think it's time to move on.

Jackson needs to go to a contender. He doesn't do well when he's on teams that can't win. He turns the ball too much and complains too often. While I agree the Bobcats don't get much respect in terms of refs, He gets on the refs too much for petty stuff.

I love both of the players and what they have done for Charlotte but I wouldn't be too upset if they left.

The only players I don't want traded and to stay here are:

Tyrus Thomas

Derrick Brown

Everyone else to me is trade-able.

Archived