• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhys Lloyd

PuntJake

I believe that he may have been asked to drop some returnable kickoffs. How else could the coaches evaluate to people on their kick off coverage team?

This.

• 3 weeks later...

But I've seen in him practice boot a ball from the 50. It was very impressive with room to spare.

i enjoyed watching him in warm ups. kicking from the 50, it was going through in the upper half of the upright heights. he had another 10 yards easy (without the pressure of an acutal attmept) i do think he could break the record if given 3 or 4 shots at the end of the half during the course of the season.

whew...i was wondering when you guys were going to get this discussion back on track. been stressing about it since february.

i think its a legitimate discussion. rhys is kasay's heir apparent, and if he can get some consistent accuracy, the extra distance that his leg would bring on FG's would open up our options offensive. instead of punting after a stalled drive on the opponent's 40, kicking a long FG may be a viable option in some situations.

Archived