• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Holiday Bowl Tonight

Ricky Spanish

No-one is trading up if Luck doesn't declare.

If a team needs a DT, there are two very good ones. If a team needs a CB, there are 2 very good ones. IF a team needs a WR, there is 1 very good one.

Therefore, if Luck is not there, a team seeking AJ Green might deal with us. I don't think there is another WR close to him. Problem is, if Luck is not there, we might want AJ Green. I would take AJ and keep the pick.

And don't forget DE. A team might fall in love with Bowers. The Panthers could offer a team a bargain to drop a few spots and hope Green is still there. If not, grab a DT or a CB. However, if we blow an opportunity to bolster the offense, we better have some free agents.

And finally, a team may fall in love with Cam Newton. I hope we don't. Someone like Arizona might jump up to the first spot to get a QB. What about the Bengals? They want out of the Palmer deal. They might actually deal Palmer to the Panthers for the first pick (reworked contract) and we could still get Green.

Gabbert is not better than Locker. Locker has less than half a real team around him compared to Gabbert who rarely takes a dropback and is in a very friendly system. I'm not arguing that Locker should go #1 but BB asked and I gave my answer. He isn't as bad as everyone makes him out to be.

He, like every other QB not named Luck, has their fair share of issues coming out but he has a lot of physical tools that scouts/GMs will love.

Archived