• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

refs gave that game to pittsburgh

merchman567

Z! Kurb! Scrum! Skew! Dimbee! Anyone!

Steelers won! This is old. Let's get back to the Panthers!

Do us a favor and stamp this out (along with the "no review?")

Get back to the Panthers...? There is nothing else to talk about...

If we can't talk about the Super Bowl...this board will be: :sleep:

THE STEELERS WON! THE STEELERS WON! THE STEELERS WON!

Kurt's arm came forward due to the hit, even if you don't think it came out before the arm was going forward. He didn't bring his arm forward, it actually went more to the side and forward.. And as was brought up in another thread, people were bitching like hell when the tuck rule screwed us. But now it matters again?

Y'all are funny people...

Just cause you're mad the Cardinals didn't win doesn't mean you have to stir the pot. Both teams were affected by officiating. So get off your soap box, because every example you have to say the Cards were screwed, can be canceled out for some call that screwed the Steelers.

Accept it. The better team won.

Edit: Just watched the replay again, the ball goes forward, then goes back by the way his arm is throwing the ball. It never goes forward again... DONE.

Edit: Just watched the replay again, the ball goes forward, then goes back by the way his arm is throwing the ball. It never goes forward again... DONE.

:hand:

http://blogmedia.thenewstribune.com/media/2006%20NFL%20RULEBOOK.pdf

According to the NFL rule book, from Rule 3, Section 21, Article 3:

Note 1: When a Team A player is holding the ball to pass it forward, any intentional movement forward of his hand starts a forward pass. If a Team B player contacts the passer or the ball after forward movement begins, and the ball leaves the passer’s hand, a forward pass is ruled, regardless of where the ball strikes the ground or a player.

I guess you didn't read my edit.

Look at the replay.

Ball goes forward, then goes back due to his mechanics and never goes forward again.

Look at the replay.

Not sure which replay your watching, but I never see a point where the ball doesn't go forward. In fact, I believe his arm/hand is moving forward too. Sure the hit may have altered what a normal pass looks like but it doesn't really matter. The Steelers won.

During the runback for the TD, at about the 20 yard line you see a cardinal go flying without being close to Harrison, but about to cut him off. Block in the back, obvious, but no call.

You're calling it because a guy "goes flying." But you don't see anyone actually hit him in the back?

2ighzyx.jpg

This is what I think he is talking about dimbee.

Not sure which replay your watching, but I never see a point where the ball doesn't go forward. In fact, I believe his arm/hand is moving forward too. Sure the hit may have altered what a normal pass looks like but it doesn't really matter. The Steelers won.

I hear ya, it doesn't matter cause the Steelers won. Nothing will change that.

But on the replay in slow-mo, I can still see his arm going back and it gets hit, sure it still goes forward, but not because his arm is throwing it. the ball comes out of his hand before his arm pushes it forward.

Imagine the defender not being there and see his mechanics. When he turns his elbow, his mechanics has the ball going back right before he's about to throw it. I could be seeing soemthing totally different, but the refs seemed to agree. And the NFL confirmed it after the game.

Just saying, look at how the ball moves back before the defender hits it forward. Since it's loose, he isn't throwing it forward.

Why does everyone say it would have been a "hail mary" play. The ball would have been on the 29 yard line. Throw it in the area of Fitz, and there is a chance he will come down with it. Or throw it short and in-stride to Boldin and let him break a tackle.

And Harrison was a punk and he should of been ejected. Until someone shows what the other guy did, he will always be a punk. If that was a Panther player, every thread here would be crying about it. If a Panther player did that, I wouldn't change my stance. Not a huge fan of what Steve has done either before anyone throws that around.

Archived