• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Clausen's maturity

unicar15

Does anyone else see Ryan Leaf when they look at Mallett?

I see a guy with tremendous potential to stand in the pocket and deliver bombs but HUGE question marks when it comes to character and intangibles.

Does that make him Ryan Leaf?

edit: should be noted there is very very little public about what Mallett's character issues are, just that they are supposedly so bad nobody will touch him once they hear what they are. The only one that is public is that he got drunk in March or something.

I could never tell if Clausen was mature or just nonchalant. He never struck me as EVER getting upset or flustered. I don't know if he was just naturally a just calm cool head or if he just didn't give a sh*t.

At any rate all the problems about attitude and arrogance that we heard about pre and post draft never showed up so I guess that counts for something right?

Gabbert and Mallett both have pretty good accuracy on both short and long balls and both have experience throwing a ton of 'em.

After watching some youtube of him he seems to struggle with accuracy on medium and long passes. He also releases the ball high when under pressure. Def a work in progress if you ask me.

After watching some youtube of him he seems to struggle with accuracy on medium and long passes. He also releases the ball high when under pressure. Def a work in progress if you ask me.

Which one?

These guys are all work in progresses in the draft, but accuracy and arm strength are both strengths of Gabbert and Mallett. They have pretty good accuracy on long throws from what I've seen, but admittedly I have seen much more of Gabbert and am mostly going on scouts and word of mouth & his game against OSU for Mallett.

However, both do have issues with pressure. Gabbert needs to learn to step up into the pocket to complete his throws instead of breaking it. Mallett needs to learn not to be a statue.

Year Team G Att Comp Pct Att/G Yds Avg Yds/G TD TD% Int Int% Lng 20+ 40+ Sck SckY Rate

1998 Indianapolis Colts 16 575 326 56.7 35.9 3,739 6.5 233.7 26 4.5 28 4.9 78T 42 8 22 109 71.2

2010 Carolina Panthers 13 299 157 52.5 23.0 1,558 5.2 119.8 3 1.0 9 3.0 55T 16 2 33 223 58.4

What do you expect from a rookie Qb thrown into a terrible season all around with no protection? Give the kid a chance to learn the speed of the game. You people are amazingly fickle on anyone that has a down year. I can understand being overly negative after 2 or 3 years of bad play, but after 1 year, a rookie year? I guess every rookie that comes in now is suppose to either ball out or just not make mistakes and look average. Its obvious some of you have never played high school or college sports.

Year Team G Att Comp Pct Att/G Yds Avg Yds/G TD TD% Int Int% Lng 20+ 40+ Sck SckY Rate

1998 Indianapolis Colts 16 575 326 56.7 35.9 3,739 6.5 233.7 26 4.5 28 4.9 78T 42 8 22 109 71.2

2010 Carolina Panthers 13 299 157 52.5 23.0 1,558 5.2 119.8 3 1.0 9 3.0 55T 16 2 33 223 58.4

What do you expect from a rookie Qb thrown into a terrible season all around with no protection? Give the kid a chance to learn the speed of the game. You people are amazingly fickle on anyone that has a down year. I can understand being overly negative after 2 or 3 years of bad play, but after 1 year, a rookie year? I guess every rookie that comes in now is suppose to either ball out or just not make mistakes and look average. Its obvious some of you have never played high school or college sports.

psst.

look at the TD numbers, YPG, yards, completion percentage... then come back to that comparison.

Archived