• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How did you meet your wife/husband?

SCP

Met my now ex at college. I actually gave him directions to another girl's house so he could pick her up for a date. Later, he chatted me up when I was interviewing his best friend (a female) for campus newspaper article. I went to class and announced that he was the man I was going to marry. We were married for 17 years, now divorced for 17. We're good friends, though. He's married again; I have not.

I knew my wife in high school, but we were nothing more than friends and classmates.

Several years later I moved away to Asheville to go to school, and we struck up a conversation on -- where else -- Facebook. As dorky as it sounds, we wrote each other every day. It was a blast just getting to know her, as we really didn't talk much in high school.

When I came into Charlotte one weekend, we agreed to have dinner. Went and got some Mexican food, and then went back to her place to play some Trivial Pursuit. You know you've met the love of your life when you can spend hours talking and laughing over board games, especially when it's your first date. From that point on, I'd come down on the weekends or she would visit me in Asheville. We both graduated from our respective colleges on the same day, despite taking several years off from high school.

After just a few dates, I told my friend I'd marry her -- I knew it was just an inevitability. I really can't imagine my life without her, especially as we look to welcome our first child (a boy) into the world in about a month. :)

I knew my wife in high school, but we were nothing more than friends and classmates.

Several years later I moved away to Asheville to go to school, and we struck up a conversation on -- where else -- Facebook. As dorky as it sounds, we wrote each other every day. It was a blast just getting to know her, as we really didn't talk much in high school.

When I came into Charlotte one weekend, we agreed to have dinner. Went and got some Mexican food, and then went back to her place to play some Trivial Pursuit. You know you've met the love of your life when you can spend hours talking and laughing over board games, especially when it's your first date. From that point on, I'd come down on the weekends or she would visit me in Asheville. We both graduated from our respective colleges on the same day, despite taking several years off from high school.

After just a few dates, I told my friend I'd marry her -- I knew it was just an inevitability. I really can't imagine my life without her, especially as we look to welcome our first child (a boy) into the world in about a month. :)

Congrats on the son!!

Archived