• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Players of interest / Offseason Cuts

Mr. Scot

I hate the conversion from CB to S and just throw those thoughts out. Has it ever been successful? I want a true ball hawk safety.

Antrel Rolle of the Cardinals converted this year and he was much better at S then CB as he could be a ballhawk. Everytime he gets his hands on the ball he is a treat to score and his chances increased after the move.

My perception of Gabe Watson is that he's been kind of an underachiever.

That would be Alan Branch the other Michigan NT we drafted the year after Watson. Watson is a run stuffing force and one of the main reasons our run defense improved so much late in the year. The guy goes all out every play.

Antrel Rolle of the Cardinals converted this year and he was much better at S then CB as he could be a ballhawk. Everytime he gets his hands on the ball he is a treat to score and his chances increased after the move.

Antrel Rolle is probably the one and only person who can play safety at a high level and that is due to the fact that he was a superstar in college and was the 8th overall pick in the 2005 NFL Draft. In 2006 and 2007, he had a total of 20 passes defended with 6 interceptions including 3 touchdowns. He played in all 32 games but only started 8 in 2007 and still managed to get a career high 5 interceptions. Rolle is a projected superstar DB that's in his prime who converted to FS.

Folks are toying with the notion of Godfrey replacing Lucas at CB.

Coubt the team would consider it, but it's an interesting notion.

I'm saying Huff is a SS, not a FS. Is he gonna be able to play FS beside Harris or can Harris play FS? While many think those positions are interchangeable, they most certainly aren't, and not everyone can make the switch and be successful.

Antrel Rolle is probably the one and only person who can play safety at a high level and that is due to the fact that he was a superstar in college and was the 8th overall pick in the 2005 NFL Draft. In 2006 and 2007, he had a total of 20 passes defended with 6 interceptions including 3 touchdowns. He played in all 32 games but only started 8 in 2007 and still managed to get a career high 5 interceptions. Rolle is a projected superstar DB that's in his prime who converted to FS.

Actually Rolle was about to be considered a bust here in Arizona before he made the transition, and he still was learning on the job in 2008. It wasn't before Adrian Wilson taught him how to study film that he start to excel. It can be done, as Rolle showed.

I'm saying Huff is a SS, not a FS. Is he gonna be able to play FS beside Harris or can Harris play FS? While many think those positions are interchangeable, they most certainly aren't, and not everyone can make the switch and be successful.

John Fox is one of those people who thinks the safety positions are interchangeable.

We'll have to wait to see whether Ron Meeks feels the same.

John Fox is one of those people who thinks the safety positions are interchangeable.

We'll have to wait to see whether Ron Meeks feels the same.

I think it's safe to say Ron Meeks will feel whatever John Fox feels. I hope not though. Because I really don't agree with the interchangeable CB/Safety thing. Though, I do think Godfrey did a pretty solid job this year at safety, so I may be wrong.

I hate the conversion from CB to S and just throw those thoughts out. Has it ever been successful? I want a true ball hawk safety.

I don't think Lucas could be a good safety.... Think about safety's like Harris, Minter....... they bring the wood!!!!! They kill people!!! Lucas does not like to hit people..... I'm thinking: A safety that gets burned over and over and can't tackle.......... I don't think so

Archived