• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The You're about to have a baby thread.

The Saltman

I do 100% agree with the thought of putting them in their own bed though. Child one never slept in our room at all...child two spent plenty of time in there and now even at 10, still wanders in from time to time.

also, as soon as you can, get that baby to sleep in their room but keep on doing normal things in the house while they sleep...amazing how quick they get used to sleeping while the vacuum is on or the tv is on etc.

oh...and yes...babies are meant to cry once in a while...run in when they make the first little noise and I promise you are going to have your hands full for many years.

we have one too. My wife was just so attached to my daughter that leaving her in her crib on day one was out of the question. oh well u live and learn.

Meh, you guys didn't do anything "wrong"

if my wife had to go back to work I can't imagine how different things might have been. Separation anxiety is a bitch. First day I went back to work I cried for a while cuz I didn't want to leave him.

my wife went back to work when she was 3 months old. it was hard on me because my daughter was so attached to my wife and I was lazy and didnt really do all the things I should have done to have her be attached to me in my own kinda way.

That would be some more advice for new daddys. Once the baby is out of the womb do as much as u can with the baby. Change all diapers, do a lot of feedings if your wife isnt breast feeding. do as much as u can so the baby knows u are the parent and if your wife either goes back to work or needs a day to herself u wont have any problems.

the worst thing that can happen is if your wife goes back to work and your baby is having a hard time adjusting to it. I had almost 5 months worth of my daughter crying everynight my wife was gone because I didnt do the things I should have done on day one. Especially if your wife works nights like mine did.

Yeah that's def true Salty.

I was just lucky to have a good buddy who had all this figured out and who would check up on me. His triplets are the most well behaved group of kids I've ever seen. His kids will put themselves in time out. They came over for dinner one night, and one of the girls acted out and he just looked at her, said "That was wrong", and she said "I know, I'm sorry daddy" and she went and stood with her nose in the corner unprompted.

Thats how it should be Z.

Im also contemplating putting my daughter in a montessori type of pre school.

My wife has taken on another shift so we can save up some money and is bank rolling right now and ive heard from many parents how putting your child in a school like that is beneficial to them to start school in a good way and to teach them how to learn right off the bat. Lots of parents say their children already know how to read before hitting first grade. I know lots of people cant do stuff like that with how their money situation is but if I can afford it why not right?

Thats how it should be Z.

Im also contemplating putting my daughter in a montessori type of pre school.

My wife has taken on another shift so we can save up some money and is bank rolling right now and ive heard from many parents how putting your child in a school like that is beneficial to them to start school in a good way and to teach them how to learn right off the bat. Lots of parents say their children already know how to read before hitting first grade. I know lots of people cant do stuff like that with how their money situation is but if I can afford it why not right?

I was reading wayy before 1st grade. Didn't go to any montessori school though. My mom just read to me and then I caught on and started reading. Might have something to do with the fact that I had an older brother as well.

I was reading wayy before 1st grade. Didn't go to any montessori school though. My mom just read to me and then I caught on and started reading. Might have something to do with the fact that I had an older brother as well.

good. maybe its before kindergarten I dunno. Im not going to put her in that school only so she can read. I just hear it gives them a good head start in life and in learning.

We had an audio monitor at first. Then got the video monitor. I loved the video monitor. Wish I had it from day one because we let our little one cry it out at night sometimes. I was pretty big about not letting him sleep in our bed when he was little because I didn't want him to get use to it. He's always slept well in his bed and once I knew that wouldn't be a problem we let him sleep with us at least one night a week. Now that he is 4 he will crawl i the bed with us in the middle of the night every once and a while because he is scared. I have no problem with it.

Archived