• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The You're about to have a baby thread.

The Saltman

old school answer.....laziness!!! easier to look at the monitor then get off the couch and walk to the baby room to check in on them!!!!!

I was more than happy to be able to hear her and when the noise was at a high enough level, go get her! So, for me, it's a nice to have, but low on the list of priorities to buy, unless your budget is unlimited.

Not everything is so simple Hawk, you know that!

We mainly got one since my son is on the verge of climing out of his crib, but then we realized just how nice it is to be able to look in on him without disturbing him.

For my son, me being in his room means it's time to get up since that's the only reason I go in his room (his mom always checks on him). Don't get me wrong, I tried it several times but he thinks its play time when daddy comes to get him so that just doesn't work for me.

They are really nice to have if you can afford it. But they are by no means necessary.

I agree with hawk...I never used a monitor with my son. I think if you go video monitor route, that is a sign you will let the baby/toddler control you.

how's the weather in left field?

jeez some of you guys are just plain difficult, and for no good reason.

I'm just saying all the parents that I have known that used video monitors are the ones that had their kids controlling them. Mainly because I have witnessed them watch the monitor, the kid will toss and turn a couple of times, and the parent (usually mom) runs up their to lay with them until they go to sleep. I'm sure there are exceptions to that...just my opinion and what I've witnessed.

However, I love to bring up Paranormal Activity when I see someone watching their kids on the video monitor :lol:

I got mine as a present and am happy I have it.

Lazy bum. :D

Thanks for the responses guys. I think we'll just stick with the audio monitor on our registry and if we sense distress we'll investigate.

June is approaching fast and I'm a busy boy working on getting the nursery ready. Since I own a plumbing supply store we are setting up the half-bath in the baby's room with a children's toilet and pedestal sink, since the hardwood floor installers broke the standard toilet that was installed there.

I get good pricing on fixtures. :D

Archived