• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wainwright to miss 2011?

Johnny Rockets

Ouch....not a good way to start off the year if you are a Cardinals fan.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2011/02/adam-wainwright-could-miss-2010-season-for-st-louis-cardinals.html

And it's ok to admit it Cubs' fan...a little part of you inside is celebrating this....

Cardinals pitcher Adam Wainwright could be out for the season.

A 20-game winner and Cy Young award runner-up for St. Louis last season, Wainwright is being sent from spring training in Jupiter, Fla., back to St. Louis for tests on his right elbow, which he injured during Monday's bullpen session.

Cardinals General Manager John Mozeliak said “things do not look encouraging” for the right-handed pitcher but stopped short of saying Wainwright would need Tommy John surgery.

“I don't want to speculate, but obviously ligament damage, that's usually what it results in,” he said.

Sadly they'll still likely finish ahead of my Cubs.

As will the Reds.

At least there will always be the Pirates. Even tho they friggin' owned the Cubs last year...whatevs. Tis a long strange season. Never know what might happen, and no, I'm never happy for any injury. Even to a cardinal.

I play fantasy baseball.

Archived