• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So we draft Newton... and he has a bad rookie season...

Darth Urious

To be honest, after the rookie season we just saw, there is no way Cam has that bad of a year.

1) He can throw the deep ball beautifully, his biggest problem is intermediate routes. SO, set up defenses with the run and hit em over the top. He can do that already. Clausen couldn't.

2) Even if he can't throw, he can run, so if he sucks at reading a defense he can just tuck it and run.

This conversation isn't even realistic to me because there is no way Cam will be as bad as Jimmy. Nor would Gabbert. Jimmy was horrible.

I agree. It amazes me that there are people who believe Cam won't be more effective than JC. Moving the chains is moving the chains, whether it's through the air or on the ground.

To be honest, after the rookie season we just saw, there is no way Cam has that bad of a year.

1) He can throw the deep ball beautifully, his biggest problem is intermediate routes. SO, set up defenses with the run and hit em over the top. He can do that already. Clausen couldn't.

2) Even if he can't throw, he can run, so if he sucks at reading a defense he can just tuck it and run.

This conversation isn't even realistic to me because there is no way Cam will be as bad as Jimmy. Nor would Gabbert. Jimmy was horrible.

While I am a Cam supporter,our system is set up on Mid crossing routes and Deep routes. If he cant hit the mid routes its going to be a long day.

While I am a Cam supporter,our system is set up on Mid crossing routes and Deep routes. If he cant hit the mid routes its going to be a long day.

He can just run around until those mid routes become deep routes and then throw a la Roethlisberger, lol.

Whereas, Jimmy would just throw it out of bounds or get sacked - PUNT.

My thread which this is a duplicate of was parodying peoples treatment of clausen as a bust after one year. If newton was on the team, great but he would look no better than clausen for 3 years yea he has way more upside than clausen but the morons here would still bash newton.

yeah, that is what I was hinting at, or rather the people so rabidly biased against Clausen that would make excuses for Newton if he sucked too...

My thread which this is a duplicate of was parodying peoples treatment of clausen as a bust after one year. If newton was on the team, great but he would look no better than clausen for 3 years yea he has way more upside than clausen but the morons here would still bash newton.

If anyone looks Clausen bad for three years

1. They deserve to be bashed

2. They shouldn't be starting

Archived