• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Contract numbers for Shockey

BountyHunter

We have cap room

That is one point that, IMO, many people on here have been ignoring when it come to FAs and re-signing our own players.

With the new salary floor being projected at or around $120 million, that leaves us roughly $50 million that we have to spend. If you account for Kalil's franchise tender and JShock's contract, that number moves to about $37 mil.

I wouldn't expect DWill, Johnson, TD and Anderson to count for much more than $20 mil. Of the remaining $17+- mil, depending on a rookie scale, $5-10 million for our draft picks.

That leaves us with about $7-12 million that we will have to spend to reach the salary floor. So I would expect to see us pick up at least one high-end FA or 2-3 mid-level guys a la Shockey.

I'm more excited by the fact that we at least consider the position a priority under Rivera's watch. No more committee of third string guys.

I agree wholeheartedly. I was, admittedly, one of the guys that has been worried about the direction that JR has been moving the past year and half. The Shockey signing shows that, not only are we exploring all avenues to upgrade our team, but also are being aggressive in upgrading positions that have been neglected for far too long.

Archived