• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ikea

SCP

It's cheap, good quality stuff. I've bought a good bit of small random stuff from there and have been very happy with all of it(coffee table, bookself, etc). The fascination with that place is odd though. I looked at a house last year that had a kitchen that looked like it was straight out of an Ikea catalog.

Oh, and most of the stuff isn't MDF, from what I can tell it's pine or poplar. Sure, it's not honduran mahogany, but it's better than the crap you buy at Target.

I'm with you. I love IKEA. The furniture is actually very solid and well designed. In the last few months, we've gotten a wardrobe, chest of drawers, bookshelves and an office desk from IKEA, and we're very happy with all of it.

I, personally, think it looks pretty good. They do have some pieces that look very cheap, though.

I went to Ikea once. Don't care if I ever go back. Hospital food, combined with Lowes with furniture. Parking is atrocious and there are more people in it than live in some small towns.

For furniture, I go to Haverty's. Quality is the best, and while the prices are a bit on the high side, they do have interest free loans if you pay them off within a year.

Archived