• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fab 5

Awesomeness!!

I caution my fabulous five friends to avoid stereotyping me and others they do not know in much the same way so many people stereotyped them back then for their appearance and swagger. I wish for you the restoration of the bond that made you friends, brothers and icons.

I am proud of my family. I am proud of my Duke championships and all my Duke teammates. And, I am proud I never lost a game against the Fab Five.

You go Grant.

i'm gonna apologize in advance because i'm probably going to piss a lot of people off here, but jalen rose said what i imagine many black kids from inner cities felt about black players at duke twenty years ago. he said he thought they were uncle toms. he didn't say "duke recruits uncle toms" or "i still believe they recruit uncle toms" - he said that at the time he thought that duke recruited uncle toms and didn;t recruit "players like him." he admitted that he was jealous of what kids like grant hill were afforded in their upbrining. he was honest about how he felt as a teenager. that's it.

and as far as him calling them "bitches" - aside from duke fans, who hasn't called a duke basketball player a bitch at some point.

grant hill is one of the only duke players i really like. but this was a pretty stupid move. a documentary film maker asked jalen rose what he thought about duke and its players when he was a teenager and jalen gave an honest response. grant hill wrote some butthurt editorial in the ny times making a big deal out of something that IMHO was not a big deal at all.

i'm gonna apologize in advance because i'm probably going to piss a lot of people off here, but jalen rose said what i imagine many black kids from inner cities felt about black players at duke twenty years ago. he said he thought they were uncle toms. he didn't say "duke recruits uncle toms" or "i still believe they recruit uncle toms" - he said that at the time he thought that duke recruited uncle toms and didn;t recruit "players like him." he admitted that he was jealous of what kids like grant hill were afforded in their upbrining. he was honest about how he felt as a teenager. that's it.

and as far as him calling them "bitches" - aside from duke fans, who hasn't called a duke basketball player a bitch at some point.

grant hill is one of the only duke players i really like. but this was a pretty stupid move. a documentary film maker asked jalen rose what he thought about duke and its players when he was a teenager and jalen gave an honest response. grant hill wrote some butthurt editorial in the ny times making a big deal out of something that IMHO was not a big deal at all.

Actually he said he still feels that way, he just understands now that is how the program runs. He has never backed down from his statements and I applaud G Hill for the way he handled it, it was very well written and got his point across. It made me proud to be a Duke fan.

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/26302/video-roseking-defend-duke-comments

Archived