• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We have 1 day to tag Pep

unicar15

there are so many factors going into this situation that its stupid to think this is an easy decision.

first signing gross and tagging pep sounds great, but financially things have to be in order to absorb the cap hit. Things like cutting veterans, or restructuring them. This is arguably one of the most important decisions in franchise history. I would be more upset if the decision were rushed and not being diligently thought through.

We will probably let him just walk.

If we do it WILL be the right decision. If we tag Pep it is going to put us close to 20 mil over the cap. We will have to make a ton of cuts and re-structures. So it is not like Hurney can just wave a magic wand and Gross is re-signed and pep is tagged. There is a lot more math in this than that.

did you forget that we gave Gamble his roster bonus that freed up 8 million in cap really putting us at 17 - 18 million in cap right now. Gross counts 6 million this season. so that drops us to 11 - 12 million. Tagging Peppers puts us over by 5 - 6 million. Money that will be made by just cutting three players. Lucas, Landon Johnson, Hackett.

there are so many factors going into this situation that its stupid to think this is an easy decision.

first signing gross and tagging pep sounds great, but financially things have to be in order to absorb the cap hit. Things like cutting veterans, or restructuring them. This is arguably one of the most important decisions in franchise history. I would be more upset if the decision were rushed and not being diligently thought through.

Maybe there are a lot of implications with Peppers but ultimately he thinks he has the upper hand. He doesn't. He's fighting a losing battle. If he wants to create this great legacy for himself outside of Carolina, he'll go where the fug we tell him or he will play for us and possibly take it upon himself to sit the season out (not helping his cause). He will be franchised, and he will settle on another team. Nuff Said.

Maybe there are a lot of implications with Peppers but ultimately he thinks he has the upper hand. He doesn't. He's fighting a losing battle. If he wants to create this great legacy for himself outside of Carolina, he'll go where the f*ck we tell him or he will play for us and possibly take it upon himself to sit the season out (not helping his cause). He will be franchised, and he will settle on another team. Nuff Said.

I hope your right about him being franchised but honestly, I can see them letting him walk, tagging Gross, and then continuing negotiations with gross after the tagging period. Hope i'm wrong, but it is conceiveable.

We can't kid ourselves here. To be at this point and still have nothing done with Pep or Gross the result is looking more and more like they will let Peppers walk. I know the thought of that is unthinkable for most of the fans here but it's very much reality as every hour goes by.

I hope your right about him being franchised but honestly, I can see them letting him walk, tagging Gross, and then continuing negotiations with gross after the tagging period. Hope i'm wrong, but it is conceiveable.

You're right it's definitely conceivable. But I think both Fox and Hurney know that in order to keep the ball rolling and their jobs secure, they have to do whats best for the future of this team. Just letting Peppers walk away freely to me, is cause enough for a firing if Im Mr. Richardson. I think this is why negotiations have gone so much better as of late with Gross, they know we need to get it done. We wanted Pep here, he wants out, what will you give me for him. I'll take the highest bidder. We have to be thinking about the team 2-3 years in advance. That's too many draft picks to let slip away.

Archived