• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anyone know much about campers/trailers?

Darth Urious

We've always wanted to own a piece of property/somewhere to go at the beach in the summer time... With the arrival of sonny boy, it kinda makes us want to have somewhere to take him as he grows up so he can enjoy the beach during the warmer parts of the year...

Someone at wifey's work has camper for sale that we went and looked at this weekend... It is in a campground about 4-5 miles from Surf City/Topsail...

It is a 40' Keystone Residence, 2010, and has additional perks like:

A ceiling fan they installed

An extra air conditioning unit installed

A wooden deck built onto/up to it

All utilities (power/sewage/water/cable), the lot, etc. provided by the campground for $3000 a year

Campground parties/cookouts

Campground enforced noise ordinance from 11:00 PM - 7:00 AM

Campground bugbombing/fogging of entire complex during the spring/summer months

The camground itself is also behind a good treeline (at a good distance away from it too) that should be a good wind barrier...

They are asking $35,000 for it, which isn't really a bad deal... If we make them an offer, I'll still go lower...

I'm not sure of the depreciation of these trailers, insurance costs, upkeep, etc... but to me, this sounds like if we got 10 years of use out of it (factor in the space fee and price, you're talking a $65,000 or so investment for that time frame) we'd be doing better than hotels or buying somewhere closer to the beach... Also, worst case scenario, I hook my truck to it and pull it home...

Anyone have experience with campers/campgrounds like this... Does it sound like a good deal?

Thanks in advance...

also...I can't find a Keystone Radiance...is it a Residence?

good catch... I fixed that...

I'm pretty sure the people selling are convinced the campground itself is good because they purchased a permanent trailer in the same campground... So they'd be there most of the time we needed anything or had any questions for them about it...

looks like a pretty sweet unit based on the Keystone website anyway. I like PS's idea of seeing if you can use it/rent it for a weekend and try it out. Spend some time talking to the neighbors and see what they think of the area.

Archived