• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

-Game of Thrones-HBO-

Kurb

Dany and Drogo have been neglected while scenes have been added in to develop characters that don't necessarily need it yet like Jaime, Cersei and Joffrey.

The wedding did not need to happen in the pilot, it could have easily been placed in the 2nd or 3rd episode.

But do you still like the show overall?

I can see where you are coming from, but maybe they felt it needed to happen sooner for w/e reason.

Isn't GRRM working with the show? I doubt he'd let anything drastic be done without his blessing.

He's obviously working with the show, the added content could have easily been in the first book, and just reinforces what I know about the characters.

There's a fugton of poo that irritates me about the series, things that wouldn't bother me at all if I hadn't read the books. Pacing, obvious sound stages, neglected character development (WTF HAPPEND TO THE CROW DREAM 4 SRS). Things I could accept if they weren't spending time on scenes that could occur later such as Cersei's heart to heart with Joffrey or Robert talking about the first dumbass he killed.

But there are also good things about it. The actors/actresses cast as Jon Snow, Arya Stark, Catelyn Stark, are all amazing.

But that's why I say if you haven't read the books yet, wait til the end of the first season. You'll enjoy the show more.

There are other ways to handle it, change it. Just don't completely leave it out. :|

I'm hoping he brings it up in dialogue form at some point.

btw I am probably at a reading pace ahead of where the next episode will end, and I have a good hunch that the poo is really about to hit the fan...

People being taken hostage, and ending up having to fight along side their captors... secret discussions in the bellows of dungeons... It is getting good!

Not developing the Dire Wolves is my biggest complaint.

Kept asking "WhereTF is Ghost?" Sunday Night.

Danny can be skimped on, her development speeds up and gets on roids later in the book.

The scene with her brother was really the first step there.

Not developing the Dire Wolves is my biggest complaint.

Kept asking "WhereTF is Ghost?" Sunday Night.

Danny can be skimped on, her development speeds up and gets on roids later in the book.

The scene with her brother was really the first step there.

But, but the hotness! Which maybe it's a good thing, so I don't get too attached. :(

I read somewhere that the reason we aren't seeing much of the wolves is because they're hard to work with.

But, but the hotness! Which maybe it's a good thing, so I don't get too attached. :(

I read somewhere that the reason we aren't seeing much of the wolves is because they're hard to work with.

Thats a shame as they are pivotal characters in the books.

fug, the wolves are more important than some seemingly meaningful characters.

Archived