• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Green not concerned about his draft status

teeray

Great WR play was a big part of the reason we got to' date=' and almost won SB 38....[/quote']

Of course there are exceptions to every rule but the vast majority of the time WR's don't win games at least consistently.

And yet another article supporting my belief...

http://fantasyfootballmetrics.com/Player_News/2011/NFL%20Draft/Draft_2011_AJ%20Green_4-1-11_1.0.htm

Of course there are exceptions to every rule but the vast majority of the time WR's don't win games at least consistently.

Desean Jackson, Larry Fitzgerald, Randy Moss/Wes Welker, Steve Smith, Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, Santonio Holmes, Mike Wallace and Brandon Marshall have all won multiple games for their teams. If you want to go old school then Jerry Rice made a career out of it. Yes QB play is obviously very important but so is WR play. Let's look at some of this decades SB champions.... Packers: Jennings and Driver, Saints: Colston, Giants: Plaxico, Steelers: Santonio Holmes, Hines Ward and Plaxico, St Louis: Torry Holt and Issac Bruce. About the only teams that won without elite WRS were the Ravens and the Patriots, and the Patriots have the ultamite X-factor of a video camera....I mean Tom Brady....

Football is still a team sport, WR's are as important as anyone else.

Not so. I guess a CB, Dlineman, or a TE is just as important as a QB. Give me a break. Of course it is a team sport. No one player is above the team but that doesn't mean certain positions are not more important to a team. The league in this day and age is full of examples of a teams with a great QB getting by without some superstar WR. Thats my point. Why use the #1 overall pick on a position that you don't have to use that high a pick to get solid contribution. The same goes for the RB position.

Desean Jackson' date=' Larry Fitzgerald, Randy Moss/Wes Welker, Steve Smith, Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, Santonio Holmes, Mike Wallace and Brandon Marshall have all won multiple games for their teams. If you want to go old school then Jerry Rice made a career out of it. Yes QB play is obviously very important but so is WR play. Let's look at some of this decades SB champions.... Packers: Jennings and Driver, Saints: Colston, Giants: Plaxico, Steelers: Santonio Holmes, Hines Ward and Plaxico, St Louis: Torry Holt and Issac Bruce. About the only teams that won without elite WRS were the Ravens and the Patriots, and the Patriots have the ultamite X-factor of a video camera....I mean Tom Brady....[/quote']

? how many of those WR were drafted in the top 15 picks? Moss, Fitz, and the Johnsons. Thats what I was originally arguing. I wouldn't use a pick that high on a WR when you can find talent later.

IMO CB is one of the most important positions on the field. As we Panthers fans unfortunately know oh so well a shutdown corner can do wonders for you....

I would be fine with pp7 or MD just not Green. But I would say QB is the most important position.

? how many of those WR were drafted in the top 15 picks? Moss, Fitz, and the Johnsons. Thats what I was originally arguing. I wouldn't use a pick that high on a WR when you can find talent later.

I was more responding to your comment that WRS aren't that important....

Santonio was drafted in the 20's if I remember right...

I was more responding to your comment that WRS aren't that important....

Santonio was drafted in the 20's if I remember right...

They aren't teams prove it all the time. Is an elite WR nice, obviously. As a Panther fan before Dwill about the only thing to get excited about on O was a WR. But also as a Panther fan I have seen too many times how Smith has been a non-factor. Some will say it wasn't because of him which is my point. A team is much better off with scrubs at WR, then at QB, Oline, Dline, or CB. Our QB position has been our Achilles heel for years followed closely by interior Dline.

Archived