• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Clausen stopped listening to coaches

Sword

Same could be said June of 2006 about Philip Rivers.

Also in June 2008 about Rodgers.

Rivers had 30 pass attempts in 2 years - 0 starts

Rodgers had 59 pass attempts in 3 years - 0 starts

Jimmy Clausen has 299 pass attempts in year 1 and 10 starts......big difference.

I fail to see how those guys showed the suckage Clausen did. Those guys had shown nothing overall (good or bad)....Clausen showed A LOT of CRAP.

I am aware that 99% of football fans feel differently. I am not changing my stance on that yet.

CRA hardly represents 99% of football fans. I figure the actual odds are closer to 50/50 among active message board posters. And I think that in the Panters organization the odds are lower than that. Anyone who thinks that last year represented a good environment in which to judge any player's progress is someone who's opinion won't weigh heavily with me at all.

CRA hardly represents 99% of football fans. I figure the actual odds are closer to 50/50 among active message board posters. And I think that in the Panters organization the odds are lower than that. Anyone who thinks that last year represented a good environment in which to judge any player's progress is someone who's opinion won't weigh heavily with me at all.

I seriously doubt 50% of the people on planet Earth think Clausen will be a successful NFL QB. I doubt 50% of NFL fans think it and I doubt 50% of Panther fans think it....

in 3 days, the FO will voice what they think...

Since there seems to be some questions about the validity of this source (aka me) I thought I would come here to clarify exactly what was said as we have written on Cat Scratch Reader.

Unfortunately the chat with Darin Gantt which occurred on 2/25/11 has since been overwritten on the CO website numerous times, and this is unfortunately something that happens with that chat design.

If you're looking for the genesis of this situation the first part was actually quoted by another user you can find here:

http://www.derp/2011/2/25/2014514/do-ron-riveras-latest-words-portend-clausens-end-in-carolina#60039328

Originally this piece was not about Gantt's chat, but rather discussing Rivera's discussion of Clausen.

However, here is exactly what was said:

-----------------------------------------------------------

Chat User (name unknown): Clausen hasn’t shown anything to make us believe he could be a starting NFL QB, but did the previous coaching regime do enough to help him get there?

Darin Gantt: Probably not. The fact he quit listening to them at some point probably didn’t help.

(later)

James Dator: Can you clarify the comment about Clausen not listening to the coaches?

Darin Gantt: I think it’s reasonable to argue he thought he was getting bad coaching.

----------------------------------------------------------

My quote used in this thread was not verbatim, but it was a pretty close approximation. I don't normally watch myself in comment sections as I would when writing an article.

Just wanted to get as much information out there as I can.

Since there seems to be some questions about the validity of this source (aka me) I thought I would come here to clarify exactly what was said as we have written on Cat Scratch Reader.

Unfortunately the chat with Darin Gantt which occurred on 2/25/11 has since been overwritten on the CO website numerous times, and this is unfortunately something that happens with that chat design.

If you're looking for the genesis of this situation the first part was actually quoted by another user you can find here:

http://www.derp/2011/2/25/2014514/do-ron-riveras-latest-words-portend-clausens-end-in-carolina#60039328

Originally this piece was not about Gantt's chat, but rather discussing Rivera's discussion of Clausen.

However, here is exactly what was said:

-----------------------------------------------------------

Chat User (name unknown): Clausen hasn’t shown anything to make us believe he could be a starting NFL QB, but did the previous coaching regime do enough to help him get there?

Darin Gantt: Probably not. The fact he quit listening to them at some point probably didn’t help.

(later)

James Dator: Can you clarify the comment about Clausen not listening to the coaches?

Darin Gantt: I think it’s reasonable to argue he thought he was getting bad coaching.

----------------------------------------------------------

My quote used in this thread was not verbatim, but it was a pretty close approximation. I don't normally watch myself in comment sections as I would when writing an article.

Just wanted to get as much information out there as I can.

thanks james, the only reason I posted this thread is because I would get questioned about where I got my info about him not listening to the coaches. i also looked for the chat and it took my awhile to find what you requoted. lol

Archived