• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

TV over the internet?

mav1234

So I'm moving later this month... but I'm going to a house with no cable. The building is on some historic registry and while the landlord could get permission to put in cable through the house, he'd rather not. He has already installed cable on one level (business-level internet that can be upgraded to include a cable box at that location). He's told me that he is willing to put in a cable box on that level and what not, he just isn't really willing to drill the holes in the house for cable right yet.

I think I could get a SlingBox or something, have him put in a cable box, install the sling box, and watch TV on my computer through the sling box but I'm not sure as I am having a bit of trouble finding out how that would even work.

Does anyone have any experience or any suggestions on what I could do to get TV over the internet?

I can live without TV but it's something I'd prefer to have if possible. I know there's pirating options available but I'm not thinking about that now

Archived