• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I Need An MLB Team

SirPanther

I think we certainly could...remember when the Hornets first moved? Had the best fans in the NBA because it was something new, Panthers still have good fans and sell out every game on a yearly basis. An MLB team would be new and have great success, great weather as well. The Knights attendance sucks because that stadium is out in the middle of nowhere near the airport. Put that thing downtown and expect drastic improvement. Obviously, through 162 games you're not gonna be able to pack a stadium night in night out. But put a 35,000-42,000 seat stadium and as long as we could get around 25,000 in a night that wouldn't be too bad. Man, I want baseball so bad but I don't see anyone that's about to move except maybe Tampa Bay. The Marlins fans suck, idk why they're building a new stadium. Still no one is going to go and see them play. If a team does move or a new one gets created I think either us or Portland would get it, can't think of anywhere else.

I think Charlotte could support a baseball team. Great weather for a team, too. You'd have a huge market for TV games, too.

What games are shown primarily in NC/SC? Braves?

Yeah mainly Braves but my family around the Raleigh area says they get the Nats so idk. I get the Braves though.

I tell you what, the Nationals are becoming a really fun team to watch, at least right now. If you need a team for the moment, don't miss a Nats game. They're a scrappy team. Last night, down 5-1 with 2 outs in the bottom of the 9th, and they rally and come back to win with a 3-run walk-off.

• 2 weeks later...

I tell you what, the Nationals are becoming a really fun team to watch, at least right now. If you need a team for the moment, don't miss a Nats game. They're a scrappy team. Last night, down 5-1 with 2 outs in the bottom of the 9th, and they rally and come back to win with a 3-run walk-off.

No doubt. Their "hot streak" is probably over and they will probably regress, but what you saw in June from the Nationals(arguably the best team in baseball in June) is what you'll see from them as early as 2012, although 2013 is more likely.

How about that Jordan Zimmermann? I called the breakout year from him, and he is coming through. Dude has ace potential and will probably be the #2 once Strasburg returns. Lannan has also proven to be a serviceable back of the rotation lefty. If they can just get a couple solid #4/5 guys their rotation will be nasty. Bullpen definitely needs some work though. No idea what happened to Burnett, but he is not the same. Only guys that have been consistent are Clippard and Storen.

By the way, what happened to the Nationals thread here? :(

The World Series was introduced in 1903. Since then the NY Yankees have made 40 appearances, winning an unprecedented 27 times. Of the 4 major sports in the US (MLB, NFL, NBA, NHL) the NY Yankees are the one team that is a legitimate threat to win it all every single year.

I don't know why everyone from NC seems to like Atlanta. The franchise that won 14 straight division titles in the 90-00's, yet only managed to win one World Series in that span. They had some very, very good teams, unfortunately the Yankees usually had a better one. :p

I gotta admit though:

Maddux

Glavine

Smoltz

Neagle

Millwood

was by far the greatest 5-man rotation ever assembled. Philadelphia has a very strong rotation now, but keep in mind the people who compare them to the above ATL rotation are the same fools that compared LeBron to MJ.

Anyway........

YANKEES

Archived