• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NBA Finals: Miami Heat vs. Dallas Mavericks

King Taharqa

Its just sad now, time to lay down. THIS is Dwayne Wade!!!

Glad the Mavericks didn't have this attitude.

Why did Marion have a GREAT game while going against Lebron Pippen? I thought he was Mr. Lock down D?

The Miami defense is good, but highly overrated due to playing poor offensive teams in the East. I think the Mavs will get a lot higher point totals back at home and the Heat won't be able to match it.

It took a horrible shooting night (37%) by the Mavs for the Heat to pull out a close one in game 1. I don't see the Mavs shooting that poorly again.

The Mavericks bench has yet to explode, when it happens, Miami won't be able to match the point output w/ just the big 3. They were horrible game 1 and just OK game 2 where as the Miami bench is basically non existent.

Dirk has yet to explode. He's done it 1-2 times a series and it's only a matter of time before he has a game where everything thrown up goes in.

If the Mavs can win down 15 in the 4th w/ 6 minutes left at "the hardest place to win this post season" and with one of the big 3 going off, I really like the Mavs' odds back at the AAC.

This will be a good series as shown by the first 2 games, but this game is going to be tough to swallow for the Heat. After the Mavs have had come back wins vs. a team this post season (game 1 vs Lakers, game 4 vs OKC), the other team has lost every game after that in the series. Just something to think about as the Mavs play at home the next 3 games.....

Lebron is a top 3 defender in the league. He is a smarter player and defender then Bosh.

No fault on Bosh though, the help never came. Plus, it's fuging Dirk.

Top 3 defenders let their man go 9-14 for 20 points??? Defense must not mean what it used to mean.

Don't let ESPN fool you w/ Lebron's flashy blocks and break away dunks on steals. Anyone w/ a good first step can blow by Lebron too. Lebron just has a leaping ability to contest it most of the time no matter if he's beaten. He would've done no better than what Bosh did.

Why did Bron and D-Wade stop driving and settle for jumpers the last 6 minutes of the game?

Why did the Heat not use the foul they had to give at the end?

So many questions :(

The same reason Roy did. The same reason Kobe did. The same reason KD did.

Marion and Kidd are severely over looked as 1 on 1 defenders. Most of the dunks and lay ups by Miami were blown assignments or turn overs by Dallas through out the game, not just Wade and LBJ blowing by their man and tossing it down. You won't get many easy baskets vs. the Mavs late game D.

Marion and Kidd are excellent at keeping their man in front of them and great at playing pick and roll D.

The foul to give on the other hand, I have no answer for lol.

Why did Bron and D-Wade stop driving and settle for jumpers the last 6 minutes of the game?

Why did the Heat not use the foul they had to give at the end?

So many questions :(

Because they were up 15 then went 3 ball happy trying to knock them out, of course none of the went down.

I personally believe that we just witnessed our first case of Lebron being jealous of Wade getting more shine than him! He tried to take over the game when he should have been going to Wade. It was obvious that he tried to take over the game late with absurd shot selection that he's accustomed to making. This time they didn't go down.

They learned their lesson... Trust me on that one. This hurt them bad, but it's like Wade said in the postgame, there's no other team he'd rather be going through this with.

If they would have won that game in blowout fashion ratings would have dropped off dramatically. All this did was delay the inevitable, now the Heat can win it in their own floor.

If they get to game 3 and it's close at the end, and they choke again, then we have a problem... I think they'll smash em in game 3. they just got embarassed at home when they should have won. You're bout to see them come like never before.

HuR88.gif

I swear he's mastered the art of controlled falling. Stuff like this is why I've always hated Wade. He might be the nicest guy on earth.....but he plays like a bitch!

Dirk did actually hit him in the eye with the follow through, but I think it was a GREAT no call. It should have never come down to that play anyways. If they call that the refs would have ruined the series. Can u imagine if that would have gone down though...totally different convo we'd be having this am. They blew it big time!

The difference between the Heat and OKC is that the Heat will smash them in game 3. Even after that huge comeback, Dirk was subdued in his presser, he knows that the Heat are going to respond in a big way.

Top 3 defenders let their man go 9-14 for 20 points??? Defense must not mean what it used to mean.

Don't let ESPN fool you w/ Lebron's flashy blocks and break away dunks on steals. Anyone w/ a good first step can blow by Lebron too. Lebron just has a leaping ability to contest it most of the time no matter if he's beaten. He would've done no better than what Bosh did.

So basically we are picking hairs here now, just looking for anything to call Lebron out on. Marion is the Mavericks #2 and he has proven in some games this postseason that he still has it in him to go off. And let's be serious here you're acting like 20 points is this unreachable amount of points.

Trust me, I'm not being fooled by ESPN. Anyone with a good first step can get by Lebron? Are you kidding me? Did we not just watch Lebron at times shut down the MVP?

I remember that game last year when GForce dropped around 36 on LeBron (one of the Cats 3 wins over LeBron last year) and after the game LeBron was going on about how GForce wasn't a good 3 point shooter so he felt no need to defend him on the perimeter...

To be fair the Bobcats have had quite a bit of luck against the Lakers too.

As for the Mavericks, they've yet to win a game against them.

LeBron is a highlight reel but that's about it. He's like a bigger Shannon Brown, great dunker but not much else.

Last night is exactly why he'll never be close to Jordan and Kobe

:ee::ee::ee::ee::ee:

what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what

Heat have no true leader and that's going to hurt them.

LeBron is a highlight reel but that's about it. He's like a bigger Shannon Brown, great dunker but not much else.

Last night is exactly why he'll never be close to Jordan and Kobe

Hmmm... never thought of that. If Brown did have LBJ's body size, he'd be a ESPN God too.

Archived