• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Will Crosby play again?

Swarly

I'm hearing rumors on various forums/etc that many think the damage from the concussions is very serious and he may never be able to return again. Again, this is just hearsay and may be completely false. It would be a shame to see a player like Crosby, arguably the best in the league, leave the game on these circumstances.

Apparently, even after all these months, he's still experiencing concussion symptoms(can't exercise, trouble focusing, etc). Feel terrible for the guy.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• PMH4OWPW7JD2TDGWZKTOYL2T3E.jpg

• Topics

• A dome is NOT part of the plans. They are building a training facility, a 5000 seat “stadium” in the training facility, a team HQ and a hotel, along with improvements to the stadium.
    • you're conflating different things here. the performance of different parts of the team between 2022 and 2023 is a separate issue. I think a generally overlooked component is how bryce's poor play impacted the line play, but that's a different topic. we can't say he scammed professional "all over the league" because no other teams were given the right to draft him. All teams lie about who they're going to draft, or who they did draft. Obviously not every team gets the player who was at the top of their board etc. And obviously if the entire draft thinks a team is going to take someone like bryce at 1, who they don't think can play, they're going to leak like hell that he's the top qb on the board to shift every player down one spot. I'm not saying this happened, but I don't see any reason to believe league officials all over were sold on bryce. whispers from anonymous sources and ESPN reporting doesn't mean a thing to me. Bryce himself isn't a scam artist. He's just a kid whos path was set before him who was always surrounded by coaches and players who were better than everyone else. Maybe he's a super nice guy too I dunno. if you want to attribute it to a single person or entity, i guess the alabama hype machine or the draft process would be what you want. the bama hype machine is absolutely a real thing, and they have very close ties to the networks, especially cbs. Saban is/was incredibly powerful in the football world, and we know for a fact he tries to get his players drafted as high as possible to use as a recruiting tool. the other is the networks that have to put on like 3 months of coverage about nothing and there's nothing better than "what qb goes at 1" because that's easy to understand for the lay person and it involves the two biggest schools in college football. let me ask a different question. when tepper was watching nfl draft stuff or reading insider info on what qb was going to be better, who do you think tepper thought the audience was supposed to be? we'll never know exactly why the panthers suddenly switched from seemingly all in on CJ to Bryce. people are going to say we never knew they were going CJ, but the same analysts and insiders who all suddenly said in lock step the panthers were taking bryce were saying the same thing about CJ before <whatever> happened. I mean poo Benjamin Albright, who for some reason knows a ton about the Panthers, said this in JANUARY... https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2023/01/26/panthers-cj-stroud-trade-2023-nfl-draft-apple-of-eye/ That's what I mean by scam. Tepper, and by extension the Panthers fans, were scammed by a huge process that Our Special Boy let go to his head because he saw himself as an audience of one. He took seriously a process and spectacle that was just meant to keep eyes on the tv in the months before the draft, despite Bryce's obvious, glaring shortcomings. No one is saying Bryce wasn't put into a bad situation, I just don't think it would have mattered and I didn't see a single thing to suggest otherwise. The second he showed up to the combine in a fat kid sweater he should have been off the board. And calling Ryan Leaf a scam artist isn't fair at all. He went to the worst situation in football, got hurt, became addicted to pain killers (which almost definitely led to harder drugs) and spiraled. Especially given what we now know about the Chargers team doctors....
    • They need to take a look at the State funding a school receives.  If you have a kid at one of these football schools many times all of the money is flowing into athletics and athletic facilities while the regular student dorms are falling apart and many academic buildings are in bad shape, but check out that new and even bigger jumbotron.  If the schools start paying, any state funding going toward their scholarships should be removed.  I don't agree with our tax dollars paying college athletes.  Let that money come from boosters and endorsements.