• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fowler - Bobcats Turn Down 9th & 19th for Top 5 Pick

C-A-T-S

Really, Oak's best years behind him? He was a double double threat EVERY single night for us. He's almost that at NO, but I contribute that to having better players around him, and still close to 2 blocks a game. Trading Oakfor was a TERRIBLE idea. If we had him the last few years when our team got better, instead of terrible centers like Nazr, Diop, etc, we could have done much better. I'll never agree with the Oak trade, ever, it was wrong, it's just stupid to deal your draft picks, especially ones that contribute.

Hmmm, giving Oak the contract was a terrible idea. Then to jettison the contract, they took on a pretty good player in Chandler with a short contract.

Jan Vesley would be an interesting one to trade up for...but I'd rather keep 2 picks this year and go after a F & C.

K. Leonard & Jordan Hamilton are players given the right coach, could be very very good...so if we land one of them, that could be interesting

Not a great year for Cs other than Kanter & Val-longlastname so I'd consider an big/athletic/strong PF like Markieff Morris (that can play 5) or Kenneth Faried (great rebounder)

Really, Oak's best years behind him? He was a double double threat EVERY single night for us. He's almost that at NO, but I contribute that to having better players around him, and still close to 2 blocks a game. Trading Oakfor was a TERRIBLE idea. If we had him the last few years when our team got better, instead of terrible centers like Nazr, Diop, etc, we could have done much better. I'll never agree with the Oak trade, ever, it was wrong, it's just stupid to deal your draft picks, especially ones that contribute.

Did I say it wouldn't have been nice to keep him around? No, I said his best years are behind him, he's not getting any younger.

I loved Emeka as a person and a player, but it didn't make sense to keep him around. That deal we signed him to was just too large. We would be paying him 12, 13, and 14 million the next three years. That is too much for a guy that averaged 10 and 9 in the regular season, and 7 and 5 in the postseason.

I wish him the best, but the bobcats trading him was not the worst move ever. The only winning record we've ever put up was without him.

That deal we signed him to was just too large. We would be paying him 12, 13, and 14 million the next three years. That is too much for a guy that averaged 10 and 9 in the regular season, and 7 and 5 in the postseason.

This. A player's value is tied directly to his contract.

Take MC Hammer for example. A few years ago as a role player off of the bench and occasionally getting some minutes as a starter, he was a great value for the Bobcats at the league minimum.

Then MJ goes out and hands him a horrendous contract and trades for JRich to play in front of him. Now he is a player that teams can't wait to dump because of his contract.

Archived