• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Charles Johnson Tweets

Car123

Seriously though, if he goes to Atlanta I very well may end up going batpoo insane.

He won't the Falcons can't afford him, unless he gives them a discount. They still have 3 O-Lineman, Grimes, Nicholas and Jones(whom they traded a King's ransom for) to sign.

Then again if they did, Atlanta would be a near lock for the play-offs.

Okay but if you let players go because they had 1 good year you are left trying to fill the same hole each year.

You don't see that as a problem?

Who said Carolina was going to "let him go"? They will be willing to pay him what he's worth and I'm all for that, but if some other team is willing to overpay, then Carolina shouldn't get into a bidding war.

It's not like losing him would kill our chances of winning a Superbowl this year anyway.

Can't think so short sided. He plays the run the best out of all the ends on the team and that was our weakest part of our D. We shouldn't overpay but sometimes you need to pay a premium to keep your team from falling apart each year until you establish your team as a destination for FAs

Why?

We build our players up and defend them against the national media because they get no respect then when a player wants to get paid we say they can kiss our ass and leave.

We're a weird bunch of fans in Carolina. We strive to be like the Florida Marlins instead of a consistent contender.

It's really a strange mentality.

When players think they're bigger than the team they can kiss our ass and leave. How about shutting the hell up and being a leader on the field regardless of the record. ex.Jon Beason

Should have tagged CJ, tagging Kalil means we have to pay him like an elite LT and CJ was always much more of a flight risk.

Could be wrong, but I thought the tag meant they get an average of the top 5 salaries at the position. I am not sure how large of a disparity there is, but I don't think a C is going to make as much as an LT at all. I would probably bet that the highest paid center makes less than Jordan Gross did last year.

I don't disagree that CJ is more of a flight risk than Kalil is/was, though. I hope CJ stays, but with every other player that has come and gone throughout the years, if you don't want to be here, then show yourself the door.

Can't think so short sided. He plays the run the best out of all the ends on the team and that was our weakest part of our D. We shouldn't overpay but sometimes you need to pay a premium to keep your team from falling apart each year until you establish your team as a destination for FAs

Isn't it also short sided(?) to automatically assume that Greg Hardy can't develope in to the same type of player, or maybe even better after 3 years in the league and he costs the team much less than CJ.

As far as being a destination for FA's...they will go where the money is, just like they always have. Of course, that very seldom equals a championship though. The best teams build through the draft. Just watch how inactive Pittsburgh will be during the FA period.

Could be wrong, but I thought the tag meant they get an average of the top 5 salaries at the position. I am not sure how large of a disparity there is, but I don't think a C is going to make as much as an LT at all. I would probably bet that the highest paid center makes less than Jordan Gross did last year.

I don't disagree that CJ is more of a flight risk than Kalil is/was, though. I hope CJ stays, but with every other player that has come and gone throughout the years, if you don't want to be here, then show yourself the door.

He's saying that we tagged him for LT money since O-lineman are grouped together in tags.

He's saying that we tagged him for LT money since O-lineman are grouped together in tags.

^^ see, I didn't know that. I assumed it was by individual position.

Thanks for clearing that up

Edit: now that I think about it, I could see how it would make sense to group OL together for tag purposes because so many offensive lineman are capable of playing multiple positions on the line.

we would do terrible without johnson he is the only player on the line worth a damn. Brown, Hardy, and Norwood have shown nothing to justify letting Johnson go without a hard fight. We have no defensive tackles to speak of.

We don't sign big name FAs so we can sign our homegrown talent. Johnson isn't going anywhere. If he does go somewhere then we are screwed as far as being competitive. Back to back 10 loss seasons would be a reality.

after we tagged Kalil I came to terms with the fact the team was prepared to move on from both him and DWill. Not that they *wanted* to, mind you, but that Kalil was the one of those three they couldn't live without.

When put that way, I can see why they did tag Kalil instead of CJ, even though CJ was a much bigger flight risk... but still, they better aggressively pursue him and keep him here as best they can.

I don't care if he's a "one year wonder," we need to hold onto good players when we can. Sometimes that costs money. If you keep refusing to pay players when they have a good year you're going to have trouble building a good team. =|

Archived