• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pixelation on an LCD TV

Go To Girl

They can hook up to each drop and check the signal strength.. It might be issues with your digital box (if you have one, and not just cable hooked into the TV), or the line itself... The contractor that built our house did a crap job when it came to running the cable lines.. I basically had to redo some of them myself, and then later also found out that one they had hooked up to the outlet side was never hooked up to the cable side at all...

I think we have that as well. I couldn't remember what the thing was called. The booster is on the outside and the amp is on the inside. And the modem has a separate line.

And I do not give a rats ass about HDTV so I do not want an HD box. I hope my televisions last forever.

It doesn't cost any more (if you have TWC like I unfortunately do) than the regular digital box (again, if you have one of those and not just the cable line hooked straight into the TV for basic cable).... and it's hella worth it, especially for Panthers games...

All this is speculatory on the event of you ever having to get an HD capable TV... which may be the only thing they carry soon...

We bought my son a small LCD HDTV for Christmas and it came yesterday. We turned it on just to make sure it worked and didn't feel like connecting it to our cable so just hooked it to an indoor set top antenna. On some of the channels, I noticed a lot of pixelation and some freezing up of the picture. We were figuring it was because it was getting an HD signal over the air and it was picking up any flaws in the signal as pixelation.

Such is the wonder of OTA HD signal....I can't wait for Feb to get here. All these people buying the digital converter boxes in prep for the switch are gonna be greatly disappointed. Well not all of them, but a huge percentage. Digital TV signal is damn near line of sight...any decent size objects between you and the tower and you're gonna get crappy or no signal at all. Hopefully a lot of these people also have the big old-style antennas on their roof. That will help a good bit.

No one is saying this though....all the TV commercials act like it's gonna be some wonderland when the switch is made. Yeah, it will if you live fairly close to the transmitter and don't have any large obstructions like buildings or hills.

Do you know if stations plan on boosting their digital signals come February, or is it going to be the same? I got a set of grandparents who don't have cable or sattelite.. I hooked up their digital convertors and they only get like 15% signal WITH a rooftop antenna... I bought a boosted set of rabbit ears for them and got it to top out at 50%, but that's still crap for digitizing and dropping out...

Do you know if stations plan on boosting their digital signals come February, or is it going to be the same?

I'm guessing there's gonna be a ton of outrage from people who bought converters expecting a nice clear picture that doesn't break up every 10 seconds....so I'm thinkin' they're gonna have to do something. If not boosting the signals, maybe it'll create a new industry of repeater towers for DTV signals?

I'm guessing there's gonna be a ton of outrage from people who bought converters expecting a nice clear picture that doesn't break up every 10 seconds....so I'm thinkin' they're gonna have to do something. If not boosting the signals, maybe it'll create a new industry of repeater towers for DTV signals?

hmmm.. let's start a company specializing in just that!

One of the local stations here have already done several tests going digital. There may be more, the WSOC has switched their newscast to digital several time to see if your TV is ready. They'd make the switch and then tell people that if you're just hearing their voice, your TV is not ready, but if you saw them it was ok. My old analog sets were always fine...and seeing what that HD set did that we bought my son, I will not be in any hurry to get anything new for us.

One of the local stations here have already done several tests going digital. There may be more, the WSOC has switched their newscast to digital several time to see if your TV is ready. They'd make the switch and then tell people that if you're just hearing their voice, your TV is not ready, but if you saw them it was ok. My old analog sets were always fine...and seeing what that HD set did that we bought my son, I will not be in any hurry to get anything new for us.

One of our local networks is scheduled to do a test (or they may already have, I don't know)....should open quite a few eyes. We already get the local networks in HD via DirecTV so it doesn't much matter to me.

I have an analog tv too. I do have satellite (direct tv) and they say there should be no interruptions. I'm holding off getting an LCD or flat screen tv (I have no idea what is what) and just want to make sure the action on the tv is worth the money. Right now I see action on others tv as fuzzy.

Archived