• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

forget the idea of kerry collins coming back here...

rayzor

Back in the day when he left Charlotte how much of it was on him and how much of it was on Capers. I know Kerry was doing his best at making friends and influencing people. But what was all the real back story?

As Rayor said, Kerry was a drunk and partyer. He never took his role as starting QB seriously and, if I'm not mistaken, many of the vets on the team had little or no respect for him. I also read somewhere that he didn't care for living in Charlotte or playing for the Panthers. No doubt, this is why his "heart wasn't in it" anymore. It's great he turned his life around and had a somewhat productive career but he's the last person I'd want to see in a Panthers' uni.

Back in the day when he left Charlotte how much of it was on him and how much of it was on Capers. I know Kerry was doing his best at making friends and influencing people. But what was all the real back story?

According to the book, Collins told Accorsi, “Ernie, I dreamed about playing in the National Football League all my life. The Eagles, the Giants, the Redskins, the Bears. But I found myself playing for the Carolina Panthers, wearing this funny-looking uniform, and I didn’t even feel like I was in the NFL. That started my problems.”

link...

Archived