• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If we end up keeping Peppers one more year...

Boston

How about having the highest number of sacks in his career? Thats not improving? Yeah he can use better technique, but that doesn't mean he's bad or anything. He's still great using the techinque he's been using so I'm not going to complain that he hasnt reached elite Reggie White status yet. Its like complaining that you got an A in a subject in school 'cause you want a A+.

None of this BS matters !!

:mad2:

Bad does not equal "not worth the $$" or "not playing up to your potential".

Not worth the money? So a guy that just recorded his highest sack total, applies pressure on the QB, disrupts the backfield, has teams design plays opposite where he is on the field = not worth the money?

Not worth the money? So a guy that just recorded his highest sack total, applies pressure on the QB, disrupts the backfield, has teams design plays opposite where he is on the field = not worth the money?

So you think Peppers play is worth 17 million a year?

I want a link to prove he was sick. And not just sick and tired of the Panthers. 14.5 sacks in a contract year doesn't impress me and it seems it didn't impress anybody else.

Ask JOAT. He's the one that had that inside knowledge. I can't link it cause the old message board went bye bye. 14.5 sacks isn't impressive? Just because he didn't live up to your unreasonable measures doesn't mean he isn't worth the money.

He had 12 his rookie season and missed 4 games. And his numbers really haven't gotten any better since. So the question is: Is he worth 17m this year or worth a 100m contract in the future. I don't think so and neither do any other teams. (as far as we know)

Ask JOAT. He's the one that had that inside knowledge. I can't link it cause the old message board went bye bye. 14.5 sacks isn't impressive? Just because he didn't live up to your unreasonable measures doesn't mean he isn't worth the money.

I went with the "He was sick" line too. But I never stated as fact. There is no proof one way or the other. We just have to hope that he doesn't get sick again.

he was sick. it was well reported going into last year. they just didn't say that it was something that lasted all season, just that it hit him just before training camp and that he lost a good bit of weight and strength because of it.

more than that has been speculation.

That's what I was getting at...$$$ value for the money.

Yeah he never answered that, I didn't figure he would. He can tell himself Peppers is worth the money all he wants, but when you put the $ up there it's indefensible.

13% of the Panthers cap over 1 million per game, If he repeats last years performance that's 1.150 million per sack. It's all about the cap not real world money but to put that number in perspective it would take two home game sale outs to pay for each sack.....

People think I hate Pep, that IS NOTHING CLOSE TO IT....

My problem with Pep is his price. LT was Hell of more a Defensive player than Pep and at a lower cost.

So have been many others, the proof is in the FA movement right now. If Pep was such a "Hot" player SURELY he would have been gone by now...

How nice he still sits on our roster taking up the place of 3 good FA's.

Peppers has underachieved ENOUGH in Carolina.

I Love the Tarheels, but Pep can walk and take his potential with him.,......

Archived