• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton Interview Today

Lilsmitty09

Love it when people make statements out of unfounded rumors. Maybe he does want out, but no one that would know has said anything to that effect.

Unfounded rumors does not mean you ignore common sense. Let's see.

1. Cleaned out his locker

2. Sold his house

3. Skipped all but one player workout for a photo op

4. Didn't show up yesterday

5. Refuses to say on record he doesn't want to leave

6. Has made clear he wants a ring

7. Franchise has made clear they want fresh start with Ron/Cam

When did anyone need documented contradictary evidence disproving all of this to be taken credibly? All one needs to do is look at the optics of the situation to realize that if anyone will come close to paying for 89 he is long gone. It's the best thing for him and by far the best thing for the franchise. By a country mile.

Unfounded rumors does not mean you ignore common sense. Let's see.

1. Cleaned out his locker

2. Sold his house

3. Skipped all but one player workout for a photo op

4. Didn't show up yesterday

5. Refuses to say on record he doesn't want to leave

6. Has made clear he wants a ring

7. Franchise has made clear they want fresh start with Ron/Cam

When did anyone need documented contradictary evidence disproving all of this to be taken credibly? All one needs to do is look at the optics of the situation to realize that if anyone will come close to paying for 89 he is long gone. It's the best thing for him and by far the best thing for the franchise. By a country mile.

1. Knew a lockout was coming

2. Went on record saying that he sold his house because it was way too big and didn't want to set that kind of example for his children.

3. Got injured last year playing flag football, maybe didn't want to risk something while not under league rules.

4. I'll be more worried if he doesn't show up sometime in the next few days.

5. Won't say on record because he honestly might not have decided yet.

6. Wants a ring, yet has been speculated to want to go to San Diego or Baltimore? Neither of them has won a ring any time recently. Ask Lebron, leaving to a new "contender" doesn't mean poo. And the NFL is an easy league to go from worst to first in.

7. The organization has stated they want to talk with Steve and see where he is at and how he fits with their plan. I never heard anybody say we want a fresh start with Ron and Cam so bye Steve.

Maybe Smitty really does want to go. Hopefully he doesn't. But just because ESPN says something 1,000 times doesn't make it fact.

:yesnod:

My 13 yo daughter said "I wonder if he is willing to play receiver, he would definitely win jumps against most defensive backs." :lol:

The fact that your 13 year old daughter knows what a defensive back is makes me want to cry tears of joy. You raised her well papa.

Archived