• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

peppers trade talks

ight i have not heard anything about peppers being traded now i know that he hasen't signed the franchise tender so all talks go through his agent but come on...have any of ya'll heared anything about who wants him????????

I think everyone wants him but nobody wants his cap hit.

I hear if you untag Peppers the franchise tag splits into two tags because they're like hydras in that if you kill one two more pop up in in its place. If we play our cards right we can end up with like 50 tags. Then maybe we can tag Obama and he can bring hope and change to our team. But he's like the final boss so he takes a shitload of tags and we might need to go into our super secret tag bag and pull ultra tags which are like ultra poke balls, they can tag anything.

I hear if you untag Peppers the franchise tag splits into two tags because they're like hydras in that if you kill one two more pop up in in it's place. If we play our cards right we can end up with like 50 tags. Then maybe we can tag Obama and he can bring hope and change to our team. But he's like the final boss so he takes a shitload of tags and we might need to go into our super secret tag bag and pull ultra tags which are like ultra poke balls, they can tag anything.

:lol:

I think the most interesting thing is going to be what Peppers will we see on the field? Will we see a player with a high amount of drive that has a huge year, trying to prove his status to the league? Or will we get the slack, get owned by a fullback, kind of Peppers? I'd hate to see the latter, but my gut tells me its more likely than the optimistic scenario. :(

I think the most interesting thing is going to be what Peppers will we see on the field? Will we see a player with a high amount of drive that has a huge year, trying to prove his status to the league? Or will we get the slack, get owned by a fullback, kind of Peppers? I'd hate to see the latter, but my gut tells me its more likely than the optimistic scenario. :(

ding ding ding

why risk that?

Huh Marty?

why?

*Best Skew impression*

I hate the offseason.

THANK YOU!

On a serious note: Pep can sit out until the 14th week of the season (guessing on the exact date, but that's pretty close), and sign the tag and collect the whole $16 million tag figure and only play the last 2-3 games, as long as the panthers have the franchise tag papers on the table. Panthers could pull the franchise tag off the table anytime between now and July 14th or 15th I think. But once they pull the franchise tag off the table, Pep is an UFA.

Thank God we didn't miss our Peppers Franchise thread of the day. It could have lead to pandemonium and cats and dogs sleeping together.

Yea, I hate the offseason.

Archived