• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam is not ready

The Saltman

It isn't a cop out if this has been going on for 3 games now. Right now, it just sucks to watch. In a couple weeks, it will matter. I'd rather the OL not suck when it matters.

And, again, Peyton Manning is a fuging lock for the HoF. Comparing Cam in any aspect to anybody outside of a rookie QB is fuging retarded.

Our QBs need to make quicker decisions, Cam had some moments when he was rushed but for the most part the protection was fine.

Cam is doing what 90% of all rookie QBs do. He is holding onto the ball too long.

I am one of the biggest Cam supporters out here but the O-line wasn't the problem for the most part last night.

Guys, an OL's performance shouldn't matter, after all, a guaranteed lock for the HoF wouldn't be doing this bad behind it.

OL performance does matter it just wasn't that bad in pass protection last night. Cam needs to get through his progressions faster and get rid of the ball quicker. And he will in time.

I used Peyton as an example of someone who rarely get hit even when the Colts are down to their third string O-linemen. But it was meant as an example not a comparison. Sorry if it ruffled feathers :lol:

Cam doesn't have to be Peyton Manning but I see it every year where someone somewhere is blaming the O-line because the QB is hurried a lot. 8 out of 10 times it is more on the QB than the line. It is amazing how bad O-lines tend to follow those QBs everywhere they go.

I am not saying anything against Cam. He is a rookie. Rookie's tend to hold onto the ball too long. He will be fine and so will the O-line.

lol the OL was horrendous in pass protection teeray..

I'm watching the game as I type...We have our own men running into the QB as he throws on almost a play by play basis.. Not to mention all te sacks we would have had if not for Cams ability to extend a play.. It's an embarssment to see our OL get backed up so far off the LOS. Pass protection isn't just determined by sacks allowed my friend, especially with a mobile QB under center..

lol the OL was horrendous in pass protection teeray..

I'm watching the game as I type...We have our own men running into the QB as he throws on almost a play by play basis.. Not to mention all te sacks we would have had if not for Cams ability to extend a play.. It's an embarssment to see our OL get backed up so far off the LOS. Pass protection isn't just determined by sacks allowed my friend, especially with a mobile QB under center..

Every game every where there are moments when the pocket breaks down. But Cam in many of those cases (not all) should have already gotten rid of the ball before the defense got to him.

I am not being critical of Cam. Again he is a rookie and rookies have a hard time getting rid of the ball sometimes. He will get better and faster with getting the ball out.

Pass protection isn't about sacks allowed. I have seen team's O-line give up 30 sacks in a season and the O-line was fine. It was the QB.

But Cam will get better at getting rid of the ball, recognizing defenses, and getting his blockers on the guys pre-snap as he gains experience

Every game every where there are moments when the pocket breaks down. But Cam in many of those cases (not all) should have already gotten rid of the ball before the defense got to him.

I am not being critical of Cam. Again he is a rookie and rookies have a hard time getting rid of the ball sometimes. He will get better and faster with getting the ball out.

Pass protection isn't about sacks allowed. I have seen team's O-line give up 30 sacks in a season and the O-line was fine. It was the QB.

But Cam will get better at getting rid of the ball, recognizing defenses, and getting his blockers on the guys pre-snap as he gains experience

Now I think you're just trying to save face for all they hype you gave Cam..

Every game there are moments where pocket breaks down=/= Pocket breaking down on a regular basis.

He's a rookie QB. You have to give him some solid protection at least occasionally. He didn't get that last night.

A home team's announcers talking up their team's DL?

You don't say?

A Cam hugger doing everything he can to defend Cam?

You don't say?

how long are you going to be butt hurt about this? Did you have to explain to your wife the gigantic hole in your butt wasn't from another man's penis? Was she concerned?

Matt-Moore-vs-Giants.jpg

Archived