• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I was wrong

The Saltman

Chris999 you have the right idea, watch some Auburn film second half of the season, Cam can work a pocket and thread a needle with a rifle arm. Sure he can make amistake but he doesn't make it over and over again.

He is very exciting to watch some of his best plays are the the busted ones that he turns into gold. Auburn and Cam play till the last second of every game, he has heart, and if you think your excited now just wait as the season progresses and you think about future possibilities...heck a future period.

Cam is the reason I'm a born again Panthers fan...gonna need a number 1 jersey to go with my number 2

:lol:

you are full of ridiculousness..

Well at least that's not a personal insult, so maybe you got that infraction after all :lol:.

I would certainly like to have Fox as our defensive coordinator, running a Tampa-2 defense. Actually with Beason going down, I'd rather play Cover-2, and Fox is well known as a defensive expert around the NFL. I prefer zone defense, and we had a lot top 10 rated defenses under Fox. That was no accident, and Fox rarely had teams loaded with talent, and the injury bug was a constant problem. Keep the recievers in front of you, and coming up for a big hit and looking to strip the ball is the style I prefer. It works, especially if you have great d-line, which we would have if we draft or buy an elite pass rushing DT.

This blitz happy defense is not a style I like, but I can accept it for now. I'm sure GB is looking forward to playing our defense.

Well at least that's not a personal insult, so maybe you got that infraction after all :lol:.

I would certainly like to have Fox as our defensive coordinator, running a Tampa-2 defense. Actually with Beason going down, I'd rather play Cover-2, and Fox is well known as a defensive expert around the NFL. I prefer zone defense, and we had a lot top 10 rated defenses under Fox. That was no accident, and Fox rarely had teams loaded with talent, and the injury bug was a constant problem. Keep the recievers in front of you, and coming up for a big hit and looking to strip the ball is the style I prefer. It works, especially if you have great d-line, which we would have if we draft or buy an elite pass rushing DT.

This blitz happy defense is not a style I like, but I can accept it for now. I'm sure GB is looking forward to playing our defense.

if I got an infraction, it would show up here..

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/private.php?do=newpm&u=4841

I mean here...

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/infractions/

the "blitz happy" defense is being misconstrued by a lack of information.. we are talking 2 different defensive theories. one being bend/don't break = cover 2 and the other being "cause mass confusion" = which fans are confusing as "blitz happy".. (see, it's already working)

the cover 2 is safe and some fans will always be conservative by nature while expecting that to be a more effective defense. surely there are cases where that is true.

however with offenses having much more leverage due to rule changes, it's time to get away from Foxball.. (on offense & defense)

with these rule changes and QBs becoming much more surgical than before, you are witnessing effective defenses causing havoc on the field not by finding 8 feet tall defenders and running 3second 40's, but by perfecting their ability to disguise plays. it's not all through blitzing. it's showing blitz and dropping into coverage. it's putting a "baseless" or non-typical base defense on the field with players roaming pre-snap instead of showing you which gap they would have to hit by already sitting/standing still while often times never actually blitzing.. it's all about mental confusion for the QB..

most fans won't know the difference and assume it's "blitz happy".. this defense may be a 4-3 and you typically see 3-4 defenses being "blitz happy", but it's all the same philosophy.. cause havoc and confuse the poo out of your opponent through disguising your intentions..

there are times you get scored on for playing too soft (cover 2) and just get shredded all day or times you get scored on for whiffing on the chess match.. either way offenses are going to score points.. accept this basic truth.

assuming the cover 2 is just as effective without all things considered doesn't make it a better defense. it just means you're beliefs are dictated by a lack of understanding on what "blitz happy" defenses are really trying to do.

GB and Pittsburgh aren't effective because they straight up blitz all day.. it's not that simple, and only a simpleton would try to explain it as such.

our coaches and players are still installing/learning/adapting to a new system. it's not going to happen over night. Rivera doesn't have his resume because he can't understand the value of a cover 2.. we actually played cover 2 the other night.. you're going to see a mixture of philosophies because they all have their purpose..

Fox has never disguised his defenses and you can see both on offense/defense he's never going to try.. his philosophy is only going to become more and more butchered the longer he refuses to adapt.

Fox has always refused to adapt. even after abysmal 1st halfs, he never adapts/adjusts..

I'm not reading all of that. The bottom line is that I prefer zone defense. The blitzing and motion in the AZ didn't confuse Kolb, who is certainly no superstar. Here's hoping things improve.

if I got an infraction, it would show up here..

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/private.php?do=newpm&u=4841

I mean here...

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/infractions/

the "blitz happy" defense is being misconstrued by a lack of information.. we are talking 2 different defensive theories. one being bend/don't break = cover 2 and the other being "cause mass confusion" = which fans are confusing as "blitz happy".. (see, it's already working)

the cover 2 is safe and some fans will always be conservative by nature while expecting that to be a more effective defense. surely there are cases where that is true.

however with offenses having much more leverage due to rule changes, it's time to get away from Foxball.. (on offense & defense)

with these rule changes and QBs becoming much more surgical than before, you are witnessing effective defenses causing havoc on the field not by finding 8 feet tall defenders and running 3second 40's, but by perfecting their ability to disguise plays. it's not all through blitzing. it's showing blitz and dropping into coverage. it's putting a "baseless" or non-typical base defense on the field with players roaming pre-snap instead of showing you which gap they would have to hit by already sitting/standing still while often times never actually blitzing.. it's all about mental confusion for the QB..

most fans won't know the difference and assume it's "blitz happy".. this defense may be a 4-3 and you typically see 3-4 defenses being "blitz happy", but it's all the same philosophy.. cause havoc and confuse the poo out of your opponent through disguising your intentions..

there are times you get scored on for playing too soft (cover 2) and just get shredded all day or times you get scored on for whiffing on the chess match.. either way offenses are going to score points.. accept this basic truth.

assuming the cover 2 is just as effective without all things considered doesn't make it a better defense. it just means you're beliefs are dictated by a lack of understanding on what "blitz happy" defenses are really trying to do.

GB and Pittsburgh aren't effective because they straight up blitz all day.. it's not that simple, and only a simpleton would try to explain it as such.

our coaches and players are still installing/learning/adapting to a new system. it's not going to happen over night. Rivera doesn't have his resume because he can't understand the value of a cover 2.. we actually played cover 2 the other night.. you're going to see a mixture of philosophies because they all have their purpose..

Fox has never disguised his defenses and you can see both on offense/defense he's never going to try.. his philosophy is only going to become more and more butchered the longer he refuses to adapt.

Fox has always refused to adapt. even after abysmal 1st halfs, he never adapts/adjusts..

Hidden

I'm not reading all of that. The bottom line is that I prefer zone defense. The blitzing and motion in the AZ didn't confuse Kolb, who is certainly no superstar. Here's hoping things improve.

if you read that, you wouldn't post an ill-informed response.. I guess education is too hard to even accept when freely laid before your feet in a non-hostile format..

if you read that, everything you posted wouldn't have been ill-informed, and well, rather ignorant considering we run a zone defense and since you fail to understand what our defense is trying to accomplish..

I guess education is too hard to accept even when freely laid before your feet in a non-hostile format..

if you read that, everything you posted wouldn't have been ill-informed, and well, rather ignorant considering we run a zone defense and since you fail to understand what our defense is trying to accomplish..

I guess education is too hard to accept even when freely laid before your feet in a non-hostile format..

Look if you want to quote the coaching staff, then that would be an interesting and inforamtive read. Your opinion? I'll pass.

well i guess it's a great thing that i like attacking zone blitz 4-3s over boring 4 man rush uncreative read and react cover/tampa 2 like we've played prior to this year under meeks

Been reading up on Jim Johnson's defense lately, since it's essentially what we are running.

Anyone who prefers Meek's Cover 2 to the likes of Johnson's 4-2-5 zone blitzing schemes and such is nutty.

For one, I'm truly seeing how much of a genius Johnson was, but more importantly, QB's are just too good in the modern age to sit back and let them pick you apart. The Cover 2 is outdated, and we'll get shredded to pieces in our division with the QB's in it if we still ran that crap.

Archived