• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mayweather vs. Ortiz

ncmonzta

it was a legal hit but he was apologizing to him. Hell the ref wasn't even looking, that goes to show how close it was to an illegal hit.

Let's be honest, a fighter who head-butt's an opponent in that fashion is going to get tapped back in return. It just doesn't normally happen that fast

What a classless, cheap shot cop out move. Sure you are undefeated but you were scared of losing and took a cheap shot on a guy who was apologizing. What a turd.

Cheap shot? He was just on the receiving end of an illegal headbutt, and Ortiz was playing it off by an "apologizing" hug. Mayweather should have hit him a few more times during the fall to the canvas. Now that would have been a cheap shot.

Cheap shot? He was just on the receiving end of an illegal headbutt, and Ortiz was playing it off by an "apologizing" hug. Mayweather should have hit him a few more times during the fall to the canvas. Now that would have been a cheap shot.

Yeah, and he got a point deducted for his illegal headbutt. While the ref was telling that to the scorers, Floyd popped him in the face seconds after they touched gloves. That is cheap as it gets. Ref not even looking? This isn't WWF.

Let's be honest, a fighter who head-butt's an opponent in that fashion is going to get tapped back in return. It just doesn't normally happen that fast

No I agree, it was a cheap shot to headbutt I haven't denied that. Yet ortiz took the penalty and was in the middle of apologizing and the mandatory glove tap when mayweather sucker punched. It had to be tenths of seconds from being illegal. Ya he was going to get tapped back but mayweather proved nothing here. He knew he would have lost. Hes to scared to fight Manny. The ref wasn't even looking because they were tapping gloves. They both took cheap shots but floyds was much much worse. Add a classless W to that record, and keep ducking that loss vs Manny ya scumbag.

ESPN just compared it to the tyson ear bite. While Mike broke the rules I see the comparison. Both fighters were shook,s cared, knew they would lose and took whatever cop out cheap trick they could to try and gain the edge.

Tell me during the end of the 3rd and that 4th round that floyd wasn't shook. Ortiz had the momentum. But I;m sure that you guys are right seeing as that every boxing analyst at the fight, guys who do it for a living either said it was cheap/classless or had no comment. And other analysts at espn said it was a cheap shot.

What I learned in boxing is that the second the fight is on, the fight is on. Hell, I was taught not even to touch gloves after the beginning of the first, even if your opponent held his gloves out.

I don't think it was a cheap shot. He did what he had to do to gain the advantage and win the fight.

this isn't a dirty street fight with no rules. Boxing has rules and tradition. You tap gloves and then go. You don't tap then punch before the other guy even has his hands back basically. Floyd won, legal, dirty as hell, cheap, classless, will be debated over and over this week on espn. All there is too it. Would have been great to see ortiz crush him if the fight went on.

Yeah, and he got a point deducted for his illegal headbutt. While the ref was telling that to the scorers, Floyd popped him in the face seconds after they touched gloves. That is cheap as it gets. Ref not even looking? This isn't WWF.

No the ref already took the point away, then the ref said lets go. Was Mayweather supposed to wait for Ortiz?

Archived