• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Positive thoughts

DangerClose

I can't help but notice a few threads that tend to lean towards negativity. (I know not all of you are.) And while I empathize with the lamentations of those who are disappointed with the miscues here and there, I have a few positive things to consider:

1. Cam keeps us in the game. Look, I got it. He threw a few picks yesterday and maybe didn't play a perfect game. But compare him to the play of Jimmy Clausen last year...we are at least scoring points. Enough points to be competitive. He passed for over 400 yards against the highly touted Green Bay defense - no small feat for a guy with only 2 games professional experience.

2. Chud isn't afraid to take risks. With a new offensive coordinator, the schemes may be a little different. Not everyone is going to be on the same page right away. Implementing the schemes, wrinkles, tweaks if you will, to a FLAT non-existing passing attack from last year will take some time. This also includes new players in the system. At the end of the day though, you don't have to worry about a draw play up the middle on 3rd and 13 as were the typical play calls from the Fox-onian era. Chud will attack and give us a chance to stay in the game. Over time I believe that the offense will gel and gain balance, fixing the RZ offense as well as the running game. For now, despite turning the ball over 4 times, we still had a believable chance to tie the defending super bowl champions. Not too shabby for a rebuilding team.

3. It's been several years since I was truly excited about watching the Panthers. Since the final days of the Delhomme (RIP) and through the Jimmy Clausen fiasco, we are finally competitive. The Panthers may not win, but at least exciting plays are made to keep the game close. Exciting enough to get me off my couch cheering. And having missed last season due to a deployment to Iraq, I can tell I was thankful I couldn't watch Clausen run scared s***less.

So in conclusion, I know some out there might blame whomever for the loss. Realistically, those miscues will continue throughout the year. However, despite that, many things are exciting to watch and once everything starts to click, Carolina is going to be lights out.

I can't help but notice a few threads that tend to lean towards negativity. (I know not all of you are.) And while I empathize with the lamentations of those who are disappointed with the miscues here and there, I have a few positive things to consider:

1. Cam keeps us in the game. Look, I got it. He threw a few picks yesterday and maybe didn't play a perfect game. But compare him to the play of Jimmy Clausen last year...we are at least scoring points. Enough points to be competitive. He passed for over 400 yards against the highly touted Green Bay defense - no small feat for a guy with only 2 games professional experience.

2. Chud isn't afraid to take risks. With a new offensive coordinator, the schemes may be a little different. Not everyone is going to be on the same page right away. Implementing the schemes, wrinkles, tweaks if you will, to a FLAT non-existing passing attack from last year will take some time. This also includes new players in the system. At the end of the day though, you don't have to worry about a draw play up the middle on 3rd and 13 as were the typical play calls from the Fox-onian era. Chud will attack and give us a chance to stay in the game. Over time I believe that the offense will gel and gain balance, fixing the RZ offense as well as the running game. For now, despite turning the ball over 4 times, we still had a believable chance to tie the defending super bowl champions. Not too shabby for a rebuilding team.

3. It's been several years since I was truly excited about watching the Panthers. Since the final days of the Delhomme (RIP) and through the Jimmy Clausen fiasco, we are finally competitive. The Panthers may not win, but at least exciting plays are made to keep the game close. Exciting enough to get me off my couch cheering. And having missed last season due to a deployment to Iraq, I can tell I was thankful I couldn't watch Clausen run scared s***less.

So in conclusion, I know some out there might blame whomever for the loss. Realistically, those miscues will continue throughout the year. However, despite that, many things are exciting to watch and once everything starts to click, Carolina is going to be lights out.

Thanks for your service bro! I really feel like your Panthers are on the verge of Greatness! Living in Alabama, I heard the rumors about came during spring practice, then I heard chatter over the summer and in camp, and when you watch this kid/young man, the one thing that struck me was that everything looked easy for him. Auburn has been up and down the last couple of years before Cam, he comes in last year and just owns the place. I can already see it in his pro career. Its like somebody gives him a goal to pass for 200 yards and he does it. Somebody gives him a goal to run for 100+ yards in a game and he does it. For lack of a better word the kid just seems like a "Natural."

great post...........................Thank you for your service.

Archived