• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Devils @ Canes

Ncstatefan

New Jersey Devils (46-20-3) vs Carolina Hurricanes(36-28-7)

7:00 PM EST FSC

Martin Brodeur will have the night off.

The Canes are currently sitting at the 8th slot in the playoffs with 11 games left, this is a must win for the Canes. The Canes are coming off a tough shootout loss to the Capitals. Staal is currently on a roll right now and we play the devils two more times the rest of the way out.

Ward will be in net for the Canes while an old friend Kevin "Shady 80" Weekes will be in for the Devils.

Prediction:

3-2 Canes

Also we have 2 games of importance Both Montreal and Florida are playing tonight. I finally get to watch a game so I will try and update you on those games as well. Im sure Tripp and John will be as well during each break. Florida plays Toronto while Montreal has Ottawa. We need these 2 points so bad. Go Canes!

Sorry all i thought it was thursday. No other eastern conference games tonight. What a win. Is it just me or does Pitkanen just look so smooth out there. He never really looses his position and is always making the play. We need to follow this up with a huge win over the islanders friday! Go Canes

Weekes has been a career backup for a reason. We dont win this game if Broduer plays. I feel like if we can go 2-1 over the next three games that we will start to put some distance between us and buffalo. I think its funny 3 years ago when we traded Danny Richmond for Anton Babchuk the "brains" over at ESPN said this would kill our D's future. It may have taken sometime to get there but the kid has such a great future. He has a canon shot and is a smooth skater. Between Pitkanen, Babchuk, Gleason and Seidenberg weve got a great young core of defensemen to go along with the solid vets Corvo and Walin.

Archived