• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Roth Ira

The Saltman

deac its about to be much worse than 08. sorry man

I would like to argue with you but I can't think of anything that would suggest you are wrong. There is certainly more than enough poo to be concerned about and geo-political factors don't help the situation. Time to rig for stormy seas.

People may want to go over their portfolios so they reflect current market conditions and have a built in degree of safety.

I would like to argue with you but I can't think of anything that would suggest you are wrong. There is certainly more than enough poo to be concerned about and geo-political factors don't help the situation. Time to rig for stormy seas.

People may want to go over their portfolios so they reflect current market conditions and have a built in degree of safety.

totally agree now is the right time to check your exposure overall.

So pstall since you say the market is crashing what should I invest in with the ira? Or just leave it alone for now?

cash, maybe very little in a US index fund. say no more than 20%. yeah i know, there will proly be bank stocks in there.

if you can get a index fund closer tied to techs.

So to everyone wanting to get into cash right now, when exactly do you plan on buying back into the market?

Good question. Getting out is the easy part. Getting back in is the hard part.

There is nothing wrong with taking an amount off the table if a person is already invested. There will be opportunities to get back in down the road.

For somebody like Saltman, Cash is a good place for now which would give him time to read some books on investing. It doesn't have to be complicated but there are plenty of books around and one was recommended in this thread.

cash flow? you mean investment properties? or annuities?

I took it as that and would include dividend paying equities and bonds.

Investment properties - Commercial or Residential. Both will run into problems in the event of a major downtown.

Should also add investments designed to produce monthly or quarterly income as opposed to growth type investments. Real Estate funds and Income Trusts will accomplish this.

When you say get into cash do you mean investing in a business or something? I do have investments in business but those are doing as bad as the stock market right now lol Sorry if i sound like an idiot.

Cash is generally considered things like T-bills, Money Market funds, Daily interest savings accounts etc.

Treasury bills and CDs are some examples

Cash investments are liquid assets, which means they can be converted into cash easily. It gives you low risk but also low interest rates.

You want to be in a position to gain something instead of losing the majority of your investment. I would suggest options but that's a whole different ballgame.

Archived