• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bobcats trade J Rich to Suns for Diaw & Raja!!!

King Taharqa

Bell, 32, was averaging 9.6 points this season, his lowest average since he was with Dallas in 2002-03. Bell, in his fourth year as the Suns' starting shooting guard, is having a good 3-point shooting season at 46.8 percent but is only shooting 42.9 percent overall. The bigger problem was that he had been disgruntled with the early changes that new coach Terry Porter brought and how they affected his role and the team since the start of training camp. He was vocal about his discomfort in and out of the public eye.

Bell, considered the "heart and soul" of the team by Mike D'Antoni in past seasons, enjoyed the best seasons of his career with the Suns. He became a full-time starter for the first time in Phoenix and fired up more than 400 3-point attempts in each of his first three seasons. He was named to the NBA All-Defensive first team for 2006-07 and the All-Defensive second team for last season.

Diaw, 26, was also in his fourth season with the Suns but was posting his lowest averages for points (8.3), rebounds (3.8), assists (2.1) and minutes (24.5). He does have career-best shooting percentages from the field (56.7 percent) and 3-point line (35.7 percent).

I hate to get rid of Jared Dudley but Raja Bell and Diaw are good players. Sean Singletary is the sh*t, he has been my favorite player in college basketball for the last 4 years. I am ecstatic to have him on the team but I think our backcourt is perhaps a bit too crowded already. Can't wait to see how the new team plays.

Archived