• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lost in a Maize Maze

Floppin

BOSTON -- A North Shore police department received an unusual emergency call on Monday from a family that was lost in a corn maze in Danvers.

The family used a cellphone to call from Connors Farm in Danvers at about 7 p.m. Tuesday after the couple and their two children -- a 5-year-old and a 3-week-old -- became lost in the maize maze about dusk, police said.

"I'm really scared. It's really dark and we've got a 3-week-old baby with us," the woman told the 911 dispatcher.

"Yes, but my baby!" the woman said.

Police alerted farm management of the Everett family's predicament, and a rescue, including a K-9, was organized.

K-9 officer Justin Ellenton said when he got to the entrance of the maze, he yelled and family answered.

The family, whose name was not released, was found about 25 feet inside the maze unharmed.

"We thought this could be fun. Instead it's a nightmare," the caller told the 911 operator.

"The son was getting upset and they didn't want to have to go through the rest of the maze to get to the end. They kind of wanted out right now," said farm manager Rich Potter.

The maze, a tourist attraction that winds people down paths between towering 9-foot tall cornstalks, generally takes about an hour to complete.

The owner of the farm said no one has ever gotten lost in the maze before, and offered the family free tickets.

"They were grateful, but I don't think they're coming back," Potter said.

The maze path has maps and signs to help people along the way.

The farm has created a maze in its cornfield for the last five years.

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/29448885/detail.html#ixzz1adhtP600

How stupid do you have to be? 25 fuging feet inside the corn and you can't figure out how to get back out?

Archived