• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Galaxy Nexus

LiQuiD

So, as I impatiently await the release of the next incarnation of Android on a badass piece of machinery I was wondering if anyone here is waiting along with me?

This phone has gotten lots of stellar reviews since it was released in the UK yesterday and I can't wait for Verizon to get their heads out of their asses and get that Nexus in my hands!

Supposedly it's going to launch on Monday, November 21...

http://www.google.com/nexus/

I'm waiting to see the Nexus before I upgrade too. I saw a review from some mag and they were playing around with the RAZR, the Nexus, the ReZound, and one other phone. Raved about the Nexus. They said it was narrower than the RAZR, almost as thin, huge 4.6 display. Loved ICS and said it was the first phone that felt like the OS was specifically designed for it. They did mention the back of the phone is flimsy plastic and felt cheap.

Before I hold the RAZR and the Nexus in my hand, side to side, the differences I see are RAZR has SD card slot but no removable battery. Nexus has no SD card slot but removable battery. RAZR is really thin, Gorilla Glass and Kevlar, so its tough and it looks cool as crap. Nexus has the awesome screen and will have ICS out of the box. RAZR is supposed to get ICS update in early 12.

Rezound. You get Beats earbuds with it. Other than that dunno.

The Verizon website says I can upgrade at a "discounted price" whatever that means... and that I'm eligible for an upgrade 5/03/12.

Nice review there catfang... does the Nexus not have Gorilla glass? That battery pull thing might be an issue too... wtf do you do if it locks up? My X locked up last night and I had to pull the battery on it.. :mad:

Yeah, I can upgrade now at "discounted price" which isn't that much of a discount. Verizon emails me about every week to upgrade now. Seems like they are trying to get rid of all the 3G phones and early model 4G phones at fire-sale prices. My full "new every two" upgrade is Christmas eve. I'll wait til January. Or maybe Boxing Day :)

Not sure about Gorilla Glass in the Nexus, but since they aren't advertising it I'd say it doesn't have it. I like the reviews of the build-quality of the RAZR. One thing techhy nerds mention in comparing Nexus vs. RAZR is that the Nexus is "pure" Android, no Motoblur add-ons and stuff that Motorola clogs up their phones with. As a rooted Droid user, I like the simple clean OS idea.

Archived