• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Report: LaFell to move to #2 WR spot vs. Colts

holycrikey

LaFell has played just as much as Naanee. It really doesn't even matter who is labeled #1 or #2 because they get the same amount of playing time.

Everytime I have seen Rivera be asked why Naanee is #2 he said it is because he a very vocal on the field, he knows the offense very well, he knows how to get players positioned that don't know where they are supposed to be, he plays harder, he is an excellent blocker, he does all the little things, and LaFell has been dissapointing in practice.

Those are the reasons why LaFell as been listed as #3. But like I said, does it even matter what order they are listed in? I think it is hilarious how people have been making this into a big issue when it isn't an issue at all. They get equal playing time.

The most common set the Panthers run is a 2 WR and 2 TE set. Lafell definitely doesn't play as much as Naanee.

LaFell has played just as much as Naanee. It really doesn't even matter who is labeled #1 or #2 because they get the same amount of playing time.

Everytime I have seen Rivera be asked why Naanee is #2 he said it is because he a very vocal on the field, he knows the offense very well, he knows how to get players positioned that don't know where they are supposed to be, he plays harder, he is an excellent blocker, he does all the little things, and LaFell has been dissapointing in practice.

Those are the reasons why LaFell as been listed as #3. But like I said, does it even matter what order they are listed in? I think it is hilarious how people have been making this into a big issue when it isn't an issue at all. They get equal playing time.

I don't think research is backing this opinion.

TWO THINGS I WANT TO SEE THIS WEEK... sorry, got carried away.

Two things I want to see are how Lafell runs the shorter routes over the middle as the #2. Will he be committed to being physical and run the proper routes? Can he show that he WANTS to be that guy?

And who will be the first WR off the bench? Not sure I have a preference, just intigued on how this is going to play out. AE needs the reps as does Tutu. We have to find out if we have players or just roster plug-ins.

One thing of note is the fact that when we do go 3 WR sets, Lafell will probably move back outside and the 3rd guys will move to the slot. So Lafell should be all over the place tomorrow. Going to be interesting to see how he handles himself.

My giddy is in overdrive over all this excitement. And GOOOO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think research is backing this opinion.

Maybe over the last few weeks, while Shockey has been missing, Lafell has seen the field more than normal. Like it was said earlier. Our base O is a 2 WR 2 TE formation. Which would make Lafell the odd man out. Lafell may have a similar number of catches as Nana, but no where near the playing time.

TWO THINGS I WANT TO SEE THIS WEEK... sorry, got carried away.

Two things I want to see are how Lafell runs the shorter routes over the middle as the #2. Will he be committed to being physical and run the proper routes? Can he show that he WANTS to be that guy?

And who will be the first WR off the bench? Not sure I have a preference, just intigued on how this is going to play out. AE needs the reps as does Tutu. We have to find out if we have players or just roster plug-ins.

One thing of note is the fact that when we do go 3 WR sets, Lafell will probably move back outside and the 3rd guys will move to the slot. So Lafell should be all over the place tomorrow. Going to be interesting to see how he handles himself.

My giddy is in overdrive over all this excitement. And GOOOO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!

:confused: The #2 WR is already outside. How is he gonna move back outside in 3 WR sets?

Hidden

so DA know the exact playbook, but naanee doesn't. Do you ever listen to yourself?

The playbook is far from exactly what DA ran many years ago.

Keeping Naanee as the starting #2 is pointless now, We've been half way through the season and everyone should know it by now.

:confused: The #2 WR is already outside. How is he gonna move back outside in 3 WR sets?

#2 is not always outside. The Panthers don't have a true slot receiver. It rotates depending on the play. Smith even goes into the slot a lot. Naanee who is what we refer to as the #2 runs a lot of crossing routes over the middle no matter how many WR are in the game.

#2 is not always outside. The Panthers don't have a true slot receiver. It rotates depending on the play. Smith even goes into the slot a lot. Naanee who is what we refer to as the #2 runs a lot of crossing routes over the middle no matter how many WR are in the game.

Ugh. We need a big WR opposite Smith. It's been this way for far too long.

I know that but in two WRs sets from the limited amount I have seen we have the WRs outside and the TEs either on the line or in the slot. So in 3 WR I thought Lafell would already be outside. I could be wrong tho

I know that but in two WRs sets from the limited amount I have seen we have the WRs outside and the TEs either on the line or in the slot. So in 3 WR I thought Lafell would already be outside. I could be wrong tho

You're making it too complicated. We need a big guy with hands and some downfield ability.

Archived