• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jaguars Team to Be Sold

chknwing

del rio out

team to be sold

LA next year? Everyone's thinking it.

Next year? Really, you think next year?

Move to LA and in three years they will be moving again. How many teams does LA get before they figure out LA doesn't care about the NFL?

Wait til you see the amusement park that will be the stadium out there. They will care for 3 years, maybe.

Doesn't plan to move the Jaguars.

AlbertBreer Albert Breer

Wayne Weaver: "This is a team that's going to be in Jacksonville many years into the future, want to see my grandson grow up a Jaguar fan."

JasonLaCanfora Jason La Canfora

Weaver is asked if staying in Jacksonville is in writing. He says no but has no doubt team will stay here. "Pretty hard to put in writing."

AlbertBreer Albert Breer

Weaver on Khan keeping team in Jax: "It's a commitment that I said I had to be comfortable with, that his plan was to keep the team in Jax."

AlbertBreer Albert Breer

Weaver said "I had calls from California that I refused to take ... I'd just say, 'We have no interest. We're a Jacksonvillle franchise'."

JasonLaCanfora Jason La Canfora

Weaver says "there is no reason" Khan can't economically sustain the franchise in Jacksonville.

big media market or not all that matters are ticket sales.

That's incorrect. NFL's #1 revenue stream is TV money. #2 is Income Properties (merchandise) and #3 is ticket sales.

Adding the #2 media market to the #1 sport in the country is of huge importance, especially since the network TV contracts come up for bid in 2013.

[drop]knowledge[/drop]

I think they can, especially compared to Jaxville. They just need to put the stadium in the right place (Coliseum is a dump in the worst part of LA). If they get this deal done to build it near the Staples Center, it'll be a huge draw.

And let's not forget Al Davis was one of the owners of the last team to play in LA. Not exactly a stable management group for LA fans to root for.

Archived