• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Private workout for Hakeem Nicks

Mr. Scot

Tate in the 5th or 6th?

Only if he goes on TV and eats a litter of kittens while simaltaniously sexually accosting Roger Goodell's wife and doing bong hits out of Mother Teresa's skull.

The guy hasn't even been involved in football related activities because of the ACL tear and just started running within the past week. Right now most people have him 13th to 17th overall WRs which would put him 4th-6th or even a FA historically. Although before the tear, he could of been a late 1st at the highest. So needless to say his stock is a huge question mark becuause of the injury, and deservingly so.

Tate is the better receiver over Nicks, period. If Tate had not been injured Nicks wouldn't have been in a position to step up and have one great year. Tate is just better...

I have to disagree with you on this one. Tate is faster and he's more of an all around play maker, but to me, Nicks is clearly a more polished WR.

just got this sent to my google reader from sporting news:

Scouting Report: North Carolina's Brandon Tate

Posted: April 14, 2009

NFL position: WR

Height: 5-11 7⁄8

Weight: 183

40 time: 4.60

Current projection: Second-round pick

NFL comparison: Terrell Owens, Cowboys

Hands: Has big hands and is able to catch nearly every ball thrown his way. Stays focused on the ball when running routes into traffic. Plucks the high ball with no trouble. Takes the hard hit and holds on to the ball. Makes tough catches with defense swarming around him. Is able to twist his body to catch passes thrown behind him without having to slow down. Is able to get down to catch low passes with surprising ease. Grade: 8.5

Patterns: Uses his size to shield the defender and his hands to push off and create space. Is a little upright running routes, and lacks explosiveness out of cuts to separate from cornerbacks. Gets good body position on deep routes, and can shield the defender from the ball. Does well running quick, aggressive slant routes into traffic. Grade: 6.0

Run after catch: Gets started upfield quickly after the catch, accelerates to full speed and has a quick burst through cracks to make big plays. Is a strong and aggressive runner, breaking tackles to gain yards after contact. Has the wiggle to make tacklers miss. Left school as the ACC's all-time leader in total return yards. Grade: 8.5

more

^^^ Very good assessment IMO. On the field he does remind me a little of TO- but has a little more "wiggle" in the open field and less precision in route running. He has the potential for explosiveness coming out of cuts but did not really show it in college(lets remember he only had 5 starts as a #1 or #2). The only thing questionable in that article is his 40 time. He has been clocked at 4.52 and I am sure could be lower when healthy.

Archived