• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I love these pics of Eli from last night's game.

beckersteen

1. Brady

2T. Rodgers, Brees

4. Roethlisberger

5. Rivers

6T. Romo, Ryan

8. Eli

I'm not counting guys like Peyton or Schaub who have had injuries, or people like Newton and Stafford that haven't had the years behind them like these other guys do...

Have you seen Romo and Ryan playoff performances? Rivers is on the decline and Ben has a top 5 D.

How could you argue for Romo but not Rivers?

I think they are both better than Eli.

Romo gets a bad wrap but he honestly isn't that bad. Yeah he definitely folds in crucial moments and that's why I said I disagreed with putting him over Eli. Just saying you could make the argument just based on stats that Romo is up there.

Rivers on the other hand... he was awful last year. Not bottom 5 Jimmy Clausen awful, but he did not play like he did in recent years(20 picks...)

The Giants still would have won if GB put up 5 TDs..

Not going to necessarily disagree because it's hard to argue about changed scenarios. I don't think the Giants would have put up 37 points with a Packers offense putting together complete drives and thus altering the time of possession.

Rivers on the other hand... he was awful last year. Not bottom 5 Jimmy Clausen awful, but he did not play like he did in recent years(20 picks...)

If 20 interceptions this past season proved something about Rivers, what did 25 interceptions from Eli the previous season prove about him?

If 20 interceptions this past season proved something about Rivers, what did 25 interceptions from Eli the previous season prove about him?

are we basing this off of careers now? I'm going off who is the better QB NOW(as in this season).

and FWIW, I'm pretty sure there is a youtube video that shows every one of Eli's interceptions last year. I hate pulling the tipped ball interception card, but holy poo his receivers accounted for so many picks. Hell, just in week one against us I remember there being like 3 tipped balls off the receivers hands for interceptions.

are we basing this off of careers now? I'm going off who is the better QB NOW(as in this season).

and FWIW, I'm pretty sure there is a youtube video that shows every one of Eli's interceptions last year. I hate pulling the tipped ball interception card, but holy poo his receivers accounted for so many picks. Hell, just in week one against us I remember there being like 3 tipped balls off the receivers hands for interceptions.

This is a good observation. Tipped interceptions, depending on the scenario, shouldn't be blamed on the QB.

This is a good observation. Tipped interceptions, depending on the scenario, shouldn't be blamed on the QB.

It's just a hard argument to use because it happens to every QB. I just remember Eli's picks last year being on the receivers more often than not.

Archived