• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ROUND 1 - New Jersey (3) vs. Carolina (6)

ProfessorPeppers

Nothing to be upset about tonight other than the fact we are now facing elimination. We completely outplayed them in the 2nd and 3rd and got beat by Marty. We hustled, checked, played smart but just couldnt get that lucky break tonight. Cam was simply outstanding as well, he kept us in the thing all night matching Marty save for save. It was really one of the best goaltending duals I have seen in a long time and kind of reminded me of Vanbiesbrouck and Roy in the 96 finals.....except this game didnt go until 3am haha.

We really need to come out early Sunday and set the tone, I will be there. How many of you guys are going?

I must after Martys temper tantrum he played spectacular. He got some lucky breaks, but he was a man on a mission. Cam Ward was absolutley spectacular. He single handily kept us in the game. I think we came out to intensive made some bad descision but we were great. Not having Samnsonov was huge. Do not know if i agree with the changing of the lines but it seem to give us some energy. For game six, we need samnsonov back so we can go four lines deep again.

If one or 2 of those shots went in and that costly TO from game3 didn't happened,we would be winning the series 3-2 and the Devils would be facing elimination,but that's how the puck bounces!Good effort tonight though.The Canes need to put out the same effort Sunday and they need some luck too,I want to see it go to game 7!

It was pretty clear that the objective was to shoot low on Brodeur. As good as he is, he is awful at controlling rebounds these days, but even when we got rebound we continued to shoot low. Cam played amazing, Marty played amazing, but lift the freaking puck! I threw things.

It was pretty clear that the objective was to shoot low on Brodeur. As good as he is, he is awful at controlling rebounds these days, but even when we got rebound we continued to shoot low. Cam played amazing, Marty played amazing, but lift the freaking puck! I threw things.

How many times would we have scored on rebounds if we could flip the puck up?? So many close calls. I applaud NJ for keeping there defensemen next to him and making those rebounds tough

Archived